07 Tracer

lcman

Took one out at the weekend very impressed with it, think I might be tempted to sell my current 07 for one.

lcman

Some of the things I found different that I liked
The riding position is a lot higher up and more upright on my 07 I can get both feet flat on the ground not on this, the fairing does a very good job of reducing wind buffeting the screen is adjustable for height, the seat is a LOT more comfortable than a Yamaha Comfy Seat, the gearbox feel a lot less clunky, the suspension\handling feels more stable, it has a 17ltr tank (07 is 13ltr), it feels like there has been no performance hit despite the extra weight of the fairing and associated parts.

Things I wished they had fixed
The handle bar switches are the same as a standard 07 including the horn button location and starter switch (they eventually start to stick mine is being replaced under warranty), there is no remote handle bar switch to change the dash readout and its a long reach as the dash is mounted in the fairing not the same as a standard 07, there is far to many painted black parts on it.

nobull

What is the difference between them and the current 07s?
+longer swingarm in aluminium & not steel, & euro 4 compliant (so likely to lose either a little performance or economy, & definitely noise). Longer wheelbase so slower turning, less wheelie tendency but more stability. And better tyres (Michelin pilot road 4's)

TJ63

I swapped my MT for one, and it's brilliant! I much prefer it to the MT. It's more planted, less frisky. Performance is down a bit (mostly because my wife is on the back ;)) , but handling is superb, which makes up for it. So far, economy is comparable.

Lovely bike, and the red is a fantastic colour. Very pleased. :)

IMG_20160817_090335.jpg

johnnakay

traded in my NC700x dct for the tracer 700.
took the tracer 700 for a test ride and was impressed with handling despite weather was shyt and leaves blowing all over but it felt well planted and light.
soon got the hang of it after stalling it at the 1st junction (for a moment I forgot its not an auto)
I was very impressed with it so I bought it.:)
think I'm going to be very happy with this bike and I'm confident it will more than be capable of carrying 2 up.
to me there's enough power even two up to leave most cars.
it has more power than my NC and that was capable leaving cars behind.
never struggled to overtake any cars inc riding two which most times ride out.

johnnakay

here she is .off road at the moment till next year. got a good deal saving £720! and it only had 334 miles till I put another 16 miles on it.
very pleased with it..

I'm going to make my own rack for it(this is what I make for a living)
will post pictures up once made but it'll be a while yet ,got a lot of work on at the mo.
I'm like a kid struggling to be patience to play with his new toy.;)

Last edited:

johnnakay

no need to polish .lol
more than likely I will,it get covered in dust from time to time as half the garage is my workshop.

johnnakay

ooops double post! heres mine. off road till the new year.
bought a belly pan,adjustable levers,fender extender ,cigar plug(yamaha).
I'm going to make my own rack as I dont like what is on offer(I make these for a living mainly for classic bikes.)
once I get the design sorted/made I'll post pictures up.
I will also start making and sell them.