1st Service - different bike!

Phil_B

Has anyone had their bike back from the first service and noticed a difference in the bike?

Now I did go renegade and have mine done at a more local bike engineers (much closer to home and a family recommendation) who used a putoline semi synth (right spec) rather than yamalube... but the bike feels a lot smoother! At first it almost felt like it had lost some of the urgency from its engine and I wondered if they'd put some more play in the throttle cable. But now I've done a few hundred miles I just think its much smoother, and I'm having to be more careful of speeding.

Obviously the breaking in process must helping too woth the engine loosening up regardless of the oil used, etc.

But has anyone else noticed a difference over the firsr 1000 miles, or straight after the 600mile service?

Last edited:

timo

Mine was a lot better after 850 miles. Even better now after 1250 still only taking it up to 8000 revs which seems plenty. It just wants to go and go.

Phil_B

Good to know Timo. I quite like having an engine improve over the first few month; though the initial miles were a challenge to stay disciplined.

I'll looking forward to further improvement, and probably drop the oil myself at 3000.

badger27

I did nearly 200 miles today bringing the total to 400 I noticed a difference so I'm sure it will be smoother and more eggar to Rev

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

TJ63

You'd better get that first service booked at that rate. CMC have a two week wait at the moment.

DJP

I didn't notice any difference after the first service tbh, but the engine has definitely loosened up as the miles have gone on.

It feels a lot more free revving and eager now, with nearly 1,000 miles up.

Ralph

Nothing wrong with Putoline, a race team I know were breaking cranks running with
Y
amalube, went to Putoline and have not broken one since, many modern engines
don't really free up in normal use till 15/20,000 miles, most riders trade them before
that so never find out how good they really are.

Last edited:

Phil_B

Thanks for the info Ralph. Indeed, the recommendation I had was that this place used good bike oil and know what they're doing!