ABS Light Issue - Help please!

Tiagovms

Hey guys! My ABS light doesn't turn on at all. I got a 2014 MT-07 ABS Race Blue, and during the first couple of days the ABS light turned on when starting the bike, and turned off once I got going. Now, a week later, the light doesn't turn on at all, and I think the ABS is actually off, considering that I braked at 10kmh the back wheel, and it just slid.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any idea on how to fix it? I have looked at the fuses, all are normal. I tried speaking to yamaha in my town, but they told me to book a service in 3 weeks ($$$).

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Tiago.

Last edited:

bobh

That's odd - if the ABS is not working, the ABS light should be on as a warning!

Mind you, it only works above about 10Km/h, so it is still possible to lock the wheel at very low speeds. So test it by braking at higher speed to see if it still locks.

Tiagovms

That's odd - if the ABS is not working, the ABS light should be on as a warning!

Mind you, it only works above about 10Km/h, so it is still possible to lock the wheel at very low speeds. So test it by braking at higher speed to see if it still locks.
Thanks a lot bobh, I didn't know that it only worked above 10kmh. I'll give it a try tomorrow at higher speed see if it's actually working! I'm considering that it might just be the actual orange bulb of the ABS that might be blown. I guess if the ABS is actually working, that's the most likely scenario?

Thanks a lot!

Ralph

It wont be a bulb but a led unless you are handy with a soldering iron it may not be replaceable
make sure the plug under the instruments is fully home.
the abs unit is under the right hand side of the tank covers wont hurt to check if that is pluged
in right to,

Last edited: