Advice please guys

Gaz2212

Hi Guys

Getting itchy feet and thinking of selling, what do you think, try to sell it as it is, seen one sold on Ebay for £6495 with no suspension work or paintwork done, I know the paintwork is a matter of taste but I have not come across anyone who says they don't like it
I think this is probably one of the most sorted 07's out there
Extras list
Yamaha akrapovic with cat £860.00
Yamaha led indicators front and rear £96.78
Yamaha billet rear set kit £312
Yamaha billet chain adjusters £95
Yamaha Gilles brake and clutch levers £180
Yamaha billet pivot covers £41.50
Yamaha billet frame end tube caps £41.50
Yamaha sub cowl £228
Yamaha single seat cover £146
Yamaha handlebar ends £50
Yamaha tail tidy £104
Yamaha billet radiator side covers £74.60
Yamaha billet reservoir cover £59.50
Yamaha aluminium chain guard £82.70
Yamaha front and rear steel mesh inserts £50
Yamaha rear axle protector £67
Yamaha comfort seat £196
R&G radiator guard £55
R&G rear footrest blanks £55
Racepaint UK custom paintwork £800
Maxton front fully adjustable cartridges and rear full adjustable shock with remote reservoir £1300
Ebay front axle protectors £25
Rear brake reservoir relocate bracket £25
Hel full abs braided lines £240
Brembo uprated front and rear brake pads £100
HID projector headlight £100
DNA stage 1 air filter £45
Meta thatcham category 2-1 alarm system with remote built into the key £190
Puig mt09 screen £65

Extras total £5651.26

As you can see from the list I have spent a small fortune getting this bike right and it does look better in the flesh than the photos, don't know whether to break the bike down and put it back to standard or try and sell as it is. The bike is an April 2014 ABS registered bike with 2700 miles and full dealer servicing
If I sold it as it is I would be asking £7000, I know this seems a lot but if you guys start to add up the extras you are fitting to your bikes I think you will be surprised what the figure is coming to
I think it would be a shame to put the bike back to standard as it has taken a lot of time to get it like this, if it was sold as it is I would include all of the standard parts to

Give me your thoughts guys

Attachments

Donut

Hi Guys

Getting itchy feet and thinking of selling, what do you think, try to sell it as it is, seen one sold on Ebay for £6495 with no suspension work or paintwork done, I know the paintwork is a matter of taste but I have not come across anyone who says they don't like it
Extras list
Yamaha sub cowl £228
Yamaha tail tidy £104
Yamaha comfort seat £196
R&G radiator guard £55
Maxton front fully adjustable cartridges and rear full adjustable shock with remote reservoir £1300
Puig mt09 screen £65

Extras total £5651.26

As you can see from the list I have spent a small fortune getting this bike right and it does look better in the flesh than the photos, don't know whether to break the bike down and put it back to standard or try and sell as it is. The bike is an April 2014 ABS registered bike with 2700 miles and full dealer servicing
If I sold it as it is I would be asking £7000, I know this seems a lot but if you guys start to add up the extras you are fitting to your bikes I think you will be surprised what the figure is coming to
I think it would be a shame to put the bike back to standard as it has taken a lot of time to get it like this, if it was sold as it is I would include all of the standard parts to

If I hadn't already bought an MT I would have been very tempted by yours although not sure I'd be willing to pay £7k.

The little odds and sods don't really add any value to the bike and even the big bits don't add much. Mine had some small stuff like crash bungs and screen and also the Akropovic and I paid £5150 back in Feb time from a guy in Bolton via Ebay and would have gone to around £5.6k to £6K for the added suspension maybe. I reckon a base Nitron/Maxton and some fork work on mine would put mine between those figures.

You'll never recoup the cost of your extras (£5k+) fully as you've already intimated by your asking price of £7k and you'll get the most money back by doing what Loneranger did and selling the bits separately which although it's a shame should give you more money back.

No harm in trying to ask £7K as it does look good and in lots of ways it's a bargain.

If you do sell your parts separately you shouldn't have any problems selling them either here or via Ebay.

Good luck and just a shame that I already have an MT.

Do copy your advert on to here though as you never know, it may tempt me or another existing owner.

CVSensei

Gaz,

If I was looking for one I would give you the 7k without a second thought. One of the most beautifully modded machines I've ever seen. I say if you really are sure you want to sell (why is that exactly?) then ask the 7k, in all honesty I think somebody would buy that for more. I know I would, and there's plenty more people out there with more money than me and the same desires. If someone is looking for an MT and intends to mod it to high heaven then this is a no-brainer, quite apart from the massive discount on all the parts, the time (/labour costs) required to fit all those parts would be massive.

I vote keep it. And if you absolutely have to sell, don't back down, find a wealthy guy looking for a work of art.

Charlie

sdrio

Problem is, without trying to sound too negative, is you're not really in the MT07 market with that bike, you're in the *that* MT07 market, and you need a buyer who likes all the mods.

It's not impossible that you'll find him/her, and if you do you should get a good price for it, but reality is, an unmodded MT07 of that age goes for about 4,500, so the potential buyer would be able to buy one, then spend £2.5k doing what they like to it, for the same price.

For sure they wouldn't get the kind of customisation you've done, of course.

I suspect you'll struggle to get 7k for it. You have a much smaller market than an unmodded bike. Reverting to standard (as far as it's possible) and Ebaying the bling might be better.

jabathehut

thoughts

Your bike looks smashing, trouble is people like to put their own spin on things. So as a finished special u may need to drop the price a little. Still it really does look GOOD.

da1kini

Your bike looks smashing, trouble is people like to put their own spin on things. So as a finished special u may need to drop the price a little. Still it really does look GOOD.
Well, thats not all true is it? There would not be a huge market for customized vehicles if that was true at all. A lot of people don't have the time or the interest in spending time and effort in customizing, they just simply want to buy a cool item that fills there needs.

And NO do not sell that bike in parts cause as Charlie says there is a lot of buyers out there looking for exactly those mods. And yes they may be tempted to buy an MT07 and start modding away, but with that bargain of a price for all that who can really argue that its not a smart thing to buy?

If you could deliver it here to Sweden I would sell mine and buy yours instead :)

And I am to a bit curious to why you are selling? :)

Are you buying a mv agusta brutale 800 dragster rr? Cause that I would see as a valid reason!

Last edited:

CVSensei

Well, thats not all true is it? There would not be a huge market for customized vehicles if that was true at all. A lot of people don't have the time or the interest in spending time and effort in customizing, they just simply want to buy a cool item that fills there needs.

And NO do not sell that bike in parts cause as Charlie says there is a lot of buyers out there looking for exactly those mods. And yes they may be tempted to buy an MT07 and start modding away, but with that bargain of a price for all that who can really argue that its not a smart thing to buy?

If you could deliver it here to Sweden I would sell mine and buy yours instead :)

And I am to a bit curious to why you are selling? :)

Are you buying a mv agusta brutale 800 dragster rr? Cause that I would see as a valid reason!
That is the ONLY valid reason ;)

Gee

Disagree a little with da1kini on this one.and in no way mean to offend Gaz in what he has done to the bike as it does look very nice, but, 95% of the work is stuff that people could do themselves in their garage, in a day/weekend with basic tools (with exception of the suspension and paint) as its mostly 'bolt on' accessories and not custom. If they absolutely wanted a bike straight away with all the bells and whistles then this would be the one but it would also be possible to bring a standard bike to 95% of this spec in their own time, with their own abilities and when their budget allows.

However, saying that, there is a large bargain for a potential buyer on the sum of the parts. That is, if they actually wanted all those bits straight off the bat.

Its only worth what someone would be willing to pay for it at the end of the day and the fact that the brake levers, for example, cost nearly £180 means nothing to a buyer when he can get an equally nice set of ebay for £15. Same goes for most of the other bits and bobs.

Have experience of this as used to own a streetfightered Bandit that had a LOT of money spent on it. Couldn't sell it for anywhere near the sum of its parts so put it back to standard as best as I could and sold off the mods.

Me personally, I would try and sell it as it is, for the price as a whole if your happy to let it go for that, but if you fail to get any interest within a reasonable amount of time then I would return it to standard and just off load the bits as others have already suggested.

I bet someone on here for instance would offer you a fair price, to swap their suspension in return for yours etc.

Like I said, Gaz, dont get offended mate as im not picking fault or having a go but just saying it as I see it. Best of luck if you do decide to let it go.

Last edited:

Gaz2212

Just had a look at the MV, what a lovely looking bike and then they go and stick that disgusting horrible number plate/indicator holder on the back, surely they could have come up with something better than that

Gaz2212

Not offended at all mate, its all good constructive advice, I think as you say get it advertised as is and see if there is any interest if not strip it back as much as I can

Noggie

In my experience, with modified vehicles you don't get your money back.
It will probably be easier to sell, but if you get half of what you put into it back you should be happy.
So you are looking at price of stock bike minus depreciation, plus 50% of what you paid for mods at best.
Looking at other replies that should be 4500 for the bike + 2500 in mods, which is pretty much spot on the 7000 that you are thinking of, but you might have to drop 500-1k to sell sadly.

I find that buyers are very interested in mod's, but don't want to pay for them, or really have no clue what it actually cost to mod.
Many I know have walked away from modded vehicles, bought a stock looking one and then start modding and suddenly find out what it actually costs and regret not getting the modded one after all.

sdrio

In my experience, with modified vehicles you don't get your money back.
It will probably be easier to sell, but if you get half of what you put into it back you should be happy.
So you are looking at price of stock bike minus depreciation, plus 50% of what you paid for mods at best.
Looking at other replies that should be 4500 for the bike + 2500 in mods, which is pretty much spot on the 7000 that you are thinking of, but you might have to drop 500-1k to sell sadly.

I find that buyers are very interested in mod's, but don't want to pay for them, or really have no clue what it actually cost to mod.
Many I know have walked away from modded vehicles, bought a stock looking one and then start modding and suddenly find out what it actually costs and regret not getting the modded one after all.
This might actually be a decent sales pitch. It's a well though out explanation of what is really going on.

A lot of buyers aren't actually seeing a used MT07 here, so you have to be direct - point out it's what they're looking for, at the same price they'd have to pay, plus a big pile of add ons at half price.

Gaz2212

sdrio, noggie
I think you are both right, give it a go and point out what people are actually getting and how much they're saving
I'm tempted to give it ago perhaps a for sale post on here and a possible try on ebay
Anyone out there got a spare 7k

Noggie

In Norway it is very normal to list what has been done to the bike or car you are selling.
A list, with manufacturers, similar to your first thread is common.
And sentences like " spent more than £5000 on it in the past year, receipts included" are common.
On some brands of cars people add the whole spec list on the car listing all options including options codes.

Putting your bike up for 7 grand without any explanation will only make people wonder why they should pay more for a used bike than a new one.
You need to list the changes done in detail, and take lots of detailed photos. Your bike does look different from a stock one, but people can't put their finger on just what, other than some vinyl, so to get them to realize your bike is a "bargain" you need to tell and show them what you have done in detail. Bikes like yours will easily have 30-40 pictures in the sales ad over here.
You need to get people to want to spend the extra money for an already broken in, highly modified MT07, rather than getting a new one they have to break in, and spend close to 6 grand on to be like yours.

da1kini

Just had a look at the MV, what a lovely looking bike and then they go and stick that disgusting horrible number plate/indicator holder on the back, surely they could have come up with something better than that
Yes, but that is easily fixed with a plate holder kit that mounts on either the bottom of the tail as usual or at one side of the swing arms like the ones on Ducatis bikes :)

emteeohseven

Hi Guys

Extras list
Yamaha sub cowl £228
Yamaha tail tidy £104
Yamaha comfort seat £196
R&G radiator guard £55
Puig mt09 screen £65

Extras total £5651.26

I saw this bike at CMC MT / Stunt day, it looks even better in the flesh and is a credit to you, I bet it handles a lot better than a standard bike. Good luck with the sale

TJ63

I'd invest in some foot powder to stop my feet itching!

I've seen this bike, and I wouldn't sell it. It's a credit to you - loads of mods but all nicely done, nothing out of place or gaudy/garish which we've seen on others.

CVSensei

I'd invest in some foot powder to stop my feet itching!

I've seen this bike, and I wouldn't sell it. It's a credit to you - loads of mods but all nicely done, nothing out of place or gaudy/garish which we've seen on others.
My thoughts exactly.. If I were to sell it I know I'd end up regretting it down the line.