Air filter

loneranger

Anyone know how to get to this and its location? Ive done the oil and filter change so thought might as well do the air filter, but don't know where it is fitted. Any pics would be great......

busey

Think there is a video showing a DNA filter being fitted its under the petrol tank so plastic's off and lift tank up to gain access

Ralph

Dont think I would bother even looking at it till about 12,000 miles, think they are slated
for 24,000 mile replacement, I would wait till I had to take the tank off for a balance
check on the throttle bodies.

Ralph

Thats a excellent video, anyone know what the vacuum actuator is for on top of the air box lid,
it's connected to what is referred to as a fuel valve under the right of the tank and possibly to
one of the throttle bodys, it does not seem to be on US models, I haven't looked yet but think
it moves a flap and could be why the engine seems to have a more hard edged noise at higher
power settings.
US bike
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/stefano2251/Mobile Uploads/2014-08/20140820_141801_zpst7ijhayl.jpg

My UK

Last edited:

TJ63

Dont think I would bother even looking at it till about 12,000 miles, think they are slated
for 24,000 mile replacement, I would wait till I had to take the tank off for a balance
check on the throttle bodies.
You don't have to remove the tank to check the throttle bodies (in fact, you don't even have to take the bodywork off)

Ralph

I believe you are right it just seems to make it a bit easier, on one of my bikes that was very
bad to access I put 2 short lengths of pipe in them and fitted them with bumgs so it was a
instant just take out the bungs and connect the vac gauges.