Annoying/Dangerous Drivers

Ralph

Go on i'll bite what did the car driver do, I cant see anything but the vid does not show up well
on my old lap top.

Torque

@nobull
You must have had a particularly bad cop then. AFAIK riding/driving on chevrons is ok as long as they are not bordered by a solid white line, now that is illegal. A dashed line bordering the chevrons is advisory. Now I may be completely wrong but that is the way I remember being taught. Of course overtaking on chevrons in a car makes you a complete t**t, but on a bike :cool:

@Ralph
If you mean the second video then it was just annoying. The driver sprayed his windscreen but as usual his squirters were completely out of alignment and the water jet went straight over his roof and onto my visor. It is hard to see on the video as the sun was in front of me and my camera doesn't deal with that particularly well.

Ralph

Right could not see that at all and it along with chucking smoked fags out the window is
bloody annoying.

nobull

@nobull
You must have had a particularly bad cop then. AFAIK riding/driving on chevrons is ok as long as they are not bordered by a solid white line, now that is illegal. A dashed line bordering the chevrons is advisory. Now I may be completely wrong but that is the way I remember being taught. Of course overtaking on chevrons in a car makes you a complete t**t, but on a bike :cool:

@Ralph
If you mean the second video then it was just annoying. The driver sprayed his windscreen but as usual his squirters were completely out of alignment and the water jet went straight over his roof and onto my visor. It is hard to see on the video as the sun was in front of me and my camera doesn't deal with that particularly well.
My bad, didn't realise the distinction! And yes, absolutely shockingly bad copper. Only one I've ever come across though thankfully, and nowhere near these parts, was up in Cumbria.

Torque

Just checked the GOV website for the highway code as I didn't want to be giving advice on a forum without knowing for sure.

Rule 130

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.
•If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
•If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.
So it does seem like it might be a bit of a gray area. I/you should not be overtaking on chevrons bordered by a broken white line unless it is necessary. Maybe plod would pull you up on a bad day, but the words should not rather than MUST NOT do convey the same meaning as advisory to me.

Last edited:

DJP

How about this:

[video=youtube;u0Xp-dd4nIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Xp-dd4nIA[/video]

DJP

Or this:

[video=youtube;XpuoqmBKkqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpuoqmBKkqc[/video]

nobull

Just watched DJPs video which led on to this one- https://youtu.be/diThhZ1v1Oc . Oh my god, what an idiot, pic of a wheelie to start (in isolation OK if done in a safe environment, but what follows just adds to it), then undertaking from behind a lorry & major road rage & chases a lone woman down. I'm no angel but this video is ridiculous, gives bikers a seriously bad name I think. Doesn't seem to have a very varied vocabulary either, if you know what I mean!