Another USB install gone wrong.

Vandall01

Hi gang, new to the forums and my 2021 MT-07. Watched a vid of the 2021 USB install and was glad to see the 5v DC connector was now in the headlight, only it was not on my bike. So I dug under the tank and found the white connector, using long needle nose I pulled and removed a connector I have never seen before shaped like a triangle with curves points. Now with the tiny bit of wire I cannot turn the port to even attempt to plug it back in as the Amazon MT-07 2021 USB pre-wired system I bought looks nothing like this plug and I think I may have disabled something, who knows what. Any ideas? Anyone know why on some 2021's the 5v dc plug is behind the headlight, but not on mine? If not, a trip back to the dealership to see if anyone there has hands the size of Deadpools, as I would love to have the port feel HUGE in my little hand.

kdxyardsale

Hey, before the Amazon version was available I installed a GPS wired to this plug. It is under the tank where you say but is not connected to anything, it just had a plug in it to seal it. I was able to order the connector from here https://cycleterminal.com/090-connectors.html p/n MT-090-2 ( this doesn't help you but maybe others who want to add something without a prewired connector, it is best to have a terminal crimp tool as well, which I already had)
Whatever you unplugged if it has wires on both ends, obviously is some function of the stock bike. It may throw an engine code eventually, there is more than one white connector in that area. My total guess would be something like the horn or the radiator fan with the location of the other white connector(s).
Any videos I have seen on the MT-07 accessory plug it is under the LF of the tank, you may have seen documentation for a European model? There are some differences due to regulations.
Try testing all the lights, horn, and run the bike long enough idling for the cooling fan to come on. Pay the neighbor kid with tiny hands to reach in there, or start taking off parts in the way.
This is the connector I bought that snaps in to the factory harness so you know what to look for.
1649172471928.png
This is the picture on the Amazon page (although pictures on Amazon of often incorrect)
1649172549363.png

kdxyardsale

By the way I found this video which will help you. It is an older bike so the tank covers come off different, but the location and what the connector looks like is in the video, including the plug that seals the connector look. I think after seeing this video I took the finned electrical component off to get to the connector, I would not stick a box knife or twist a screwdriver on the factory harness myself.

kdxyardsale

I found this as well in my digital manual, it might help figure out what you disconnected. This manual is for 2020, but electrical should be the same.
1649174097213.png
1649174244082.png