Anyone else ordered it without seeing it in the flesh?

Steve

I saw it read the reviews and couldn't find a dealer near me that had one, so I places an order 200 miles away with free delivery 4 weeks from now 14th June delivery.
ordered the Deep Armor Can't wait!!

Not ridden in 4 years and sold all my kit so starting from scratch again should be interesting!

Managed to find a dealer 35 miles away and sat on one loved it (thank god) so away we go, oh mad still not ridden it but all the reviews can't be wrong everyone is raving on about them !

COME ON JUNE!!!!

Jon

You're not the first Steve - someone else on this forum had to do the same, cant remember who. But I've yet to read a review or forum post from anyone unhappy with the bike, and that includes some very experienced bikers (take a look at the my biking history thread!)

D

Deleted member 20

Booked my order January 13th. Had only seen some pictures, not even reviews.

sputnick

Same story as you Steve with one difference... It was my bike that I have seen for the first time in the flesh. :D

P

Peter

I had two options:
- Wait for the demo bike. In this case I can see and maybe test it but the expected delivery in June or later.
- Order without seeing the bike. In this case I can be the first in our country.

I read everything and placed the order during my ski holiday. I paid the deposit with my mobile phone among the mountains from Austria.
And very happy with it.

Steve

Haha how crazy are we!

Jon I'll have a read mate, Phil, you have the same colour as me, now I've not seen this in the flesh, on the photos it looks really purple, however the dealer said it's black unless the light catches it and it flips to an deep dark purple?

Sounds fine I can live with that, ideally I'd have ordered black as I wanted to add some subtle red accessories and give it a more menacing look as I did with a z750 I had a few years ago.

I did however finish work the day before I ordered it and it was sunrise, I saw what I thought was a mean looking black mt07 walked around it and when speaking to the dealer I could have sworn it was all black it was without a doubt an 07 but I guess the flip purple just wasn't visible that time of morning looked awesome.

(and no it didn't have a blue frame and wheels lol)

Your comments would be appreciated mate

Cheers

Steve

Yea that's good Phil, loving that it looked like the top pic as the sun was coming up.

I won't get away with red parts on that though so I guess I'll have to just have to Erm.....what's the expression the Americans use?

"murder" it out or just give it a MATT black paint job because I have an illness ....I can't leave anything standard looking lol

lovely colour though looks very moody

Phil_B

Well spotted! :-S Erm... Mits, towels, applicators and cloths. Some mispent time car polishing/valeting. Won a prize once! Comes in handy when you need to tidy something up for trade-in or get some scratches or marks out.

Or have a new bike in the honeymoon period!

Steve

Well spotted! :-S Erm... Mits, towels, applicators and cloths. Some mispent time car polishing/valeting. Won a prize once! Comes in handy when you need to tidy something up for trade-in or get some scratches or marks out.

Or have a new bike in the honeymoon period!
I think you and I are gonna get along lol

RedOne

Have no record of the date I ordered mine as so friendly with dealer that I didn't pay a deposit. Including my wife's bikes it was about my 20th bike from them. My word is my bond! I would say that I have a confirmation order for Nov 7th for the personalised plate MT07 prefix so I must have ordered before then. Definetly hadn't see or riden one. Probably only Yamaha employees had then!

Rouqui

the coloured section on the tank can be unbolted and replaced. (my dealer offered to swap the panels over when I wanted non-abs red)

Steve

What I'd love to do and what I think would look awesome is someone with a black mt07 with blue frame and wheels swaps with me for my deep armor panels that would look great on mine and even better on theirs.

Deep Armor with blue frame and wheels!!

A simple swap.

:)

I like black it's slimming you see.

haha

Pablo_uk

I ordered a matt grey one yesterday from Millennium in St Helens, I've not ridden one as I've not taken my DAS yet. Its not due it until September so got plenty of time to get it sorted, I've simply gone by all the rave review that the bike is getting and everyone saying that its sure to go up in price. To say I'm a bit excited though would be a massive understatement!!

Will145

I ordered a matt grey one yesterday from Millennium in St Helens, I've not ridden one as I've not taken my DAS yet. Its not due it until September so got plenty of time to get it sorted, I've simply gone by all the rave review that the bike is getting and everyone saying that its sure to go up in price. To say I'm a bit excited though would be a massive understatement!!
Good man. You've certainly chosen the best colour.... Not that I'm biased or anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pengjn

Hello everyone - my first post here! :D

I've been avoiding motorbikes since my brother took them up as a teenager and I guess at 38 I am having a mid-life crisis. Here's how it went:

1) Visiting my brother in California, on Sun 4th May he shows me his MT-09 and says it's incredible and the best bike he's ever owned. He talked to me about bikes until I cracked. He told me that the little brother version, the MT-07, was getting overwhelmingly positive reviews even for beginners. My total motorbike experience at this point: 1 day spent with a mate in Canada blasting through off-road forrest trails on a KTM 400.

2) Tue 6th May I get back to the UK

3) Wed 7th May I place an order for an MT-07 with ABS in Matt Grey

4) Sat 10th May I go to my dealer and see an MT-07 for the first time. Looks amazing but seeing a Matt Grey and one in Competition White side by side I decide that i prefer the white and change my order.

5) Sun 11th May I do my CBT

6) Thu 15th May I do my theory test (I've been driving for 21 years BTW) and book in my full licence course and tests to complete as early as possible (July 9th)

My bike is *hopefully* coming some time in June, so I'll be able to go see her at the dealership and she should be ready when (if) i have my licence. :D

Nervous and excited.