Anyone encountered and fixed corrosion issues like these?

Stil

This dirt won't budge no matter how much I clean it

Not sure how this corrosion happened on the brake leaver or the bolt at the back, but standard cleaning isn't touching it

Any thoughts on what I could use to remove?

sdrio

The pipes seem to be a common problem. I heard some were repainted under warranty. The position of them is always going to make them vulnerable. Probably better to have them powder coated.

The finish on the MT07 is cheap. There are quite a few places prone to corrosion.

I keep mine plastered with ACF50 during the 'British' weather, which helps a lot. Those pipes though, in bad weather they're under constant spray from the front wheel, and whatever you put on them will be jet-washed off.

grillphil

"I keep mine plastered with ACF50"

Same here & have always done on previous bikes.

The plating & painting of small components has always been prone to corrosion and discolouring. The slightest hint of water and off it goes.

Why on earth they don't use stainless bolts these days is beyond me even though it'll add a small cost onto a new machine.

As for the pipes, powder coating would be the best as sdrio says. Durable & thick.

Stil

Thanks guys, think I'm gonna try to wire brush them clean. I've got some ACF 50 in my cupboard I've now plastered the bike with.
Will also look into paint for the pipes. [emoji1360]

sdrio

Thanks guys, think I'm gonna try to wire brush them clean. I've got some ACF 50 in my cupboard I've now plastered the bike with.
Will also look into paint for the pipes. [emoji1360]
The problem with those pipes is they are painted with some really thin laquer like stuff. You can't remove the discolouration, it's damaged paint. It needs rubbing back to metal and repainting.

Rockardbiker

Had my bike 2 months and noticed them corroding. Covered them in lithium grease which does not melt or wash off. Waiting to see if they will fix them under warranty. Fingers crossed.