Auxiliary Power Connector Plug

Sharpe996

Guys

Do you know where to purchase the connector for the auxiliary 2A fused power supply in the UK? I understand that the connector just has a blanking plug fitted as standard.

Many thanks

kodde

Ah...
Was starting to regret I had spliced into license plate light and created my own switched and fused solution for Oxford grips. But if I'm not mistaked the grips were 3A or 4A I think.
Oh well. Good to know.
Thanks.

Jonindorset

Can anyone provide any guidance on how best to access and identify this connector please?
Do you need to lift the tank? Is it accessible on the left hand side in amongst the wiring without removing anything?

Many thanks,

Jon

Jonindorset

Perfect :) thank you.
It pains me to remove loads of things unnecessarily, struggle to get it back together and risk breaking clips etc.

mejson

indeed, left hand side panels and underneath you will find plastic "basket" with heatsink - that removed will make it much easier to access that DC plug

msesma

Yesterday I reached the connector, unplug it from the holder and changed the connector for a better one without needing to dismount anything.

Look from under the tank panel and you will see an horizontal white connector that is attached to a female one that in on a thick cable harness. While pulling from the think cable that goes to connector, press the clip with a screwdriver and disconnect it.
Easier that it sounds

mejson

you need to remove left plastic panels, and ideally black plastic "basket" with radiators, plug itself is connected to white cup (socket without any wires), however, its end is hidden under black eletric tape. if you pull it it should easily came out (both plug and socket).
i wish i would take pictures but was pissed while doing that as i lost my black klips (lol) and forgot to take them.
good luck!