Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

cosmikdebriis

Okay, So who's buying the MT 07?

Is it a bike for the kids or the more... erm... senior rider?

By the way, This isn't internet dating so no need to pretend your a 25 year old multi millionaire football player when indeed you are a fat middle aged civil servant. Please be honest.

Last edited:

dazzor

Haven't got one yet, but hope to still be 41 when I do.

Some perspective; at 25 I had a brand new (only other bike I've bought new) ZX6R.

bones

Im 46 always had enduros or off road bikes
then saw one of these in fowlers and took my first ride on a road bike !! Never been interested, loved it ....
phoned around the country for a red one and the following weekend I was on the train 200 miles to get a red one .

First and only road bike thats interested me :)

D

Deleted member 20

I'm 48 but the MT belongs to my wife and she is 24.

Ooops... got that wrong, should be 42.

roama119

43 when i picked it up just turned 44. coming back to bikes after a long lay off. from the pole as it stands looks like the oldies are winning, are we just trying to hold on to our youth? lol

gpeet

31 makes a relaxing change from ma gsx 600 street fighter, which had a tendency of stranding me in the assend of nowhere!

Last edited:

dazzor

43 when i picked it up just turned 44. coming back to bikes after a long lay off. from the pole as it stands looks like the oldies are winning, are we just trying to hold on to our youth? lol
Possibly; although for me, this and my last "workhorse" have been attempts at sensibility.

I really only ride on my daily commute these days and before the XJ6, I tried a street triple R....which I thought was a step down from a SuperDuke....the list is not that long but basically I was kidding myself that litre bikes are a viable option for my 36 mile, round trip in and put of London. (For me anyway)

So for me, the MT-07 hits a perfect balance of power(useable torque really) agility and cost-effectiveness.

There, very mature and sensible....there I go, kidding myself again as I lust after that Akropovic full system again :)

roama119

Possibly; although for me, this and my last "workhorse" have been attempts at sensibility.

I really only ride on my daily commute these days and before the XJ6, I tried a street triple R....which I thought was a step down from a SuperDuke....the list is not that long but basically I was kidding myself that litre bikes are a viable option for my 36 mile, round trip in and put of London. (For me anyway)

So for me, the MT-07 hits a perfect balance of power(useable torque really) agility and cost-effectiveness.

There, very mature and sensible....there I go, kidding myself again as I lust after that Akropovic full system again :)
Lol yes very tempting isnt it?

RedOne

59. Started riding on my 16th birthday. You know when you are becoming a more mature motorcyclist when you look at the seat height measurement rather than the power output first!

cosmikdebriis

Yes, quite a spread of ages and not what Yamaha were expecting from what I was told.

Still... Nice to know I'm not the oldest... Even if it's not by much.