• 51-55

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

Noggie

I bought it at 37 when I decided I was grown up enough to have a motorcycle.
Looks like the main group of owners are either 30-35 og 40-45 years old.

Welsh Wizard

Hi guys,

I'm 69 and have ridden bikes for most of my life.

Besides my MT-07 have owned the following bikes:-

Triumph Tiger Cub - 200cc single
BSA 500cc DBD34 Clubmans Gold Star
Yamaha XJ750
Honda XR250
Yamaha FJ1200
Suzuki GSX-R750

banjo

I'm only 68&3/4
sold my cbf 1000 to get the MT I love the lightness of the bike whether wheeling it in and out of the garage riding around the b roads and lanes of devon

Scim77

I will be 69 in March 2016. That's why I know so much useless stuff about Velocettes and other curmudgeon topics! Some things ache now. Not as strong as I used to be but still feel young at heart and in-the-moment, especially on the bike!

lcman

55 been riding since I was 16, also have a standard RD250LC, RD350LC and currently building an RD350LC special.

robodene

I can't see the poll thingy on my tablet so I counted up the quoted ages to find an average of 44 years (whatever use that might be). I know, I know, but I hope to be out on the bike tomorrow..!

msesma

51. I have had twelve bikes before. Some smaller and later bigger, but I was tinking in a small, yet powerfull enought bike for the last two years.

And this Mt-07 is almost perfect. With some small modifications absolutly perfect for me. I usualy conmute with it all the year (80Km a day), but also do long trips (500+Km) and the bike works like a charm

BuLLiTT

32 here and my first road bike.
Been scooting about dirt roads and enduro tracks for 10 years and finally decided to enjoy some tarmac stuff without getting in trouble with Mr. Plod.
Still have a Husky TE450 so the MT07 was the smallest bike I would've considered. Hard to compare the two, but the MT is oh so smooth and doesn't sit near redline at 100kph.

Interesting stats, seems not as many younger folk. Not sure if they get scared off, or they just want to be boy racers on race bikes......

Ralph

32 here and my first road bike.
Been scooting about dirt roads and enduro tracks for 10 years and finally decided to enjoy some tarmac stuff without getting in trouble with Mr. Plod.
Still have a Husky TE450 so the MT07 was the smallest bike I would've considered. Hard to compare the two, but the MT is oh so smooth and doesn't sit near redline at 100kph.

Interesting stats, seems not as many younger folk. Not sure if they get scared off, or they just want to be boy racers on race bikes......
Na they buy what they think they should want or need when what they really need is quite different.

Last edited:

bugeyes

58 and got the MT after being bikeless for a few years.
Earlier had Bandits, one 600 and after that a 1200 and a Kaw Gpz 900 r and a couple of scooters.