• 61+

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

Ralph

At 68 it should really be my last bike but I doubt it will be,
still doing over 6,000 miles a year on bikes and off to
the bike show next month, it will be hard to find a bike
as light as the 07 with anything like the performance
cheap to run wont break the bank or your back.
a hard akt to follow.

Last edited:

sdrio

58 and got the MT after being bikeless for a few years.
Earlier had Bandits, one 600 and after that a 1200 and a Kaw Gpz 900 r and a couple of scooters.
The GPz900r has been on my 'todo' list for most of my biking life. I was seriously looking for one earlier this year, but there only seem to be tatty basket cases around now, and I want one that at least is road legal.

I bought an R1 instead, but I reckon one day the right bike is going to pop up and end up in my garage.

bugeyes

The GPz900r has been on my 'todo' list for most of my biking life. I was seriously looking for one earlier this year, but there only seem to be tatty basket cases around now, and I want one that at least is road legal.

I bought an R1 instead, but I reckon one day the right bike is going to pop up and end up in my garage.
Sold the GPz to a nieghbor and I see it all the time, looks just the same as the one from the top gun movie and he maintains it well.
However i didn't really like riding it in urban traffic, heavy and with an urge to go straight forward.
Happier with the MT-07

sdrio

What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a joke. Old people look out of the window at the shops roads and houses, and say 'I remember when all this was fields', as in before everything around them was built.

I guess it's the UK equivalent of 'Pepperidge farm remembers', and if you don't get that, I give up . . .!

sdrio

Sold the GPz to a nieghbor and I see it all the time, looks just the same as the one from the top gun movie and he maintains it well.
However i didn't really like riding it in urban traffic, heavy and with an urge to go straight forward.
Happier with the MT-07
Maybe I shouldn't do it then - they say you should never meet your heroes, it'd be a shame to finally get on a 900r and find out it was shit!

LiamI

It's a joke. Old people look out of the window at the shops roads and houses, and say 'I remember when all this was fields', as in before everything around them was built.

I guess it's the UK equivalent of 'Pepperidge farm remembers', and if you don't get that, I give up . . .!
I'm sorry, you're right. I'm too young lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valvestem

Hi All;
Name here is valvestem and just bought a fz07, too cold to ride and going to get snow but looking forward when weather moderates.
I also have fz09 14 year model, It has 16K miles on it now and it is bullet proof. One thing its brutal fast.
Age is 82 ,, never grow up ,, Ha ha
Ride safe
valvetem;)

robodene

My natural age is 19 - a good age for biking. I have made 57 yrs more than that without, so far, any real sign of maturity.

gregjet

I am 63.
This bike appeals to the younger rider because of it Manga agressive looks and FUN ride.
This bike appeals to the older, and often long experienced rider, DESPITE it's Manga agressive looks and because of it being really fun to ride. Light like bikes were before they got covered in junk and styling rubbish and on this bike a lot of that can be chucked caus it doesn't do anything.
It doesn't intimate it is a racer or a thug bikie cruiser, just a bike to jump on and boogie.
Interesting having raced mostly production bikes this bike would make a REALLY fun race bike as well ( in the correct class).