Best Hugger / Fender Extender?

Jon

OK, having a bad time here. 2 days ago was diverted onto back roads while they resurfaced a road near me. Some bloody farmer had just sluiced all the cow sh*t off his farm yard into the road...so on a lovely sunny day I come around the corner and am suddenly splashing through f***ing stinking slurry! :mad: Its everywhere on the bike and bits of me!!!!:mad:

Half a day cleaning it off, I'm sure the bike still smells. Also, shouldn't have been eating that bag of Haribo with my hands covered in sh*t while I did the bike. Just spent 24 hours on the F*ing toilet :(

See what I mean by bad time?

So all of a sudden, I am very interested in an effective way to keep the sh*t off the bike and me.

Has anyone tried a hugger or extender yet? any feedback on how effective they are?

Will145

Hahaha thats hilarious (the haribo, sh*tty hands, 24 hour toilet venture, not the bike covered in crap.... as I know I would be fuming if it was my bike lol). I havent heard of anyone fitting a hugger yet but others have said how they need one after riding in the rain etc

D

Deleted member 20

I saw these?
Looks more like form before function.
I would question if any hugger really adds value, unless it's massive. Wheel has already rotated ½ turn or more before reaching the hugger, most crap is already in orbit by that time.
Front fender extender is another thing since it's sitting quarter turn from muc, leaving less dirt hitting front of motor. Have it on the TDM and it helps. Lots of £15-20 Fenda Extendas on eBay, just have to figure out which one fits the MT best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Wheel has already rotated ½ turn or more before reaching the hugger, most crap is already in orbit by that time.
Think you are correct....need an old-fashioned "mudguard" extending to be on the same horizontal as the axle to be totally effective. But not attractive. But how much do we need to protect the rear damper and spring?

Also, the design of the standard number plate mount seems to have been optimized for maximum crap capture and retention. The honecomb of plastic cross-bracing facing the tyre is surely designed to fill up up with impossible to remove crap. Needs a smooth wipeable cover.

Dede

Also this one from Ermax (looks pretty similar to the one above)

AVSmoto

And has and30ers pointed out, these barely offer protection for the shock absorber/damper...

Last edited:

Jon

Thanks Dede...Did you notice this site's idea of a discount?? Was €140 now only €195.16. Way to go!

Capture.JPG

D

Deleted member 20

Also, the design of the standard number plate mount seems to have been optimized for maximum crap capture and retention. The honecomb of plastic cross-bracing facing the tyre is surely designed to fill up up with impossible to remove crap. Needs a smooth wipeable cover.
Did notice that too, but I think I'll just learn live with it. Have to pull out the high pressure cleaner from the garage from time to time.