Bike Stolen!

Simoncrp

So I came out my house on Sunday morning to find that my bike had been nicked during the night from my driveway! I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised living in London...
So the question is, what do I buy now?

msesma

Oh, I'm really sorry.

I'm movin to london in January and I was thinking on carry my bike but if London is so insecure and I have to pay for parking... Maybe I'll pass some years with a bicycle :(

bobh

Oh, that really sucks. Sorry to hear this.

Just for everyone's information, what security did you have?

Also, what part of London, as I suspect some areas are significantly worse than others.

I've recently bought a 650 Ninja as a runabout. Way back (well, 3+ years ago), when I bought my MT-07, I did a back-to-back road test with an ER6, and at that time there was no comparison - the Yamaha was miles ahead, the Kawasaki felt rather agricultural. But I'd say that now Kawasaki have caught up, and in a back-to-back test between a MT-07 Tracer and the Ninja (I was after some weather protection this time) the Kawasaki won out. The £99 down and 3 years 0% did help with the decision, too!

Last edited:

Simoncrp

I live in NW London and I had an Oxford Boss disc lock on. I've just finished building work in the front of my house so hadn't got round to putting in a ground anchor yet. I know that was a bit stupid, but I also had a cover on. Really gutted. I bought it new and put a bit of money in it for extras: exhaust, crash bungs, tail tidy.....Lock and cover also got nicked with the bike. Will probably loose £2000 after my insurance pay out. Still waiting to hear back from them after 4 days!
With regards to a new bike, I want to go for something bigger. At the moment I think my choices are CB1000R (not 2017 model), MT09, Kawa Z900 or maybe new Triumph 765 (but just dreaming as too expensive!). Any advice or ideas?

bobh

Have a look on the MT-09 forum (a sister one to this) to get some honest opinions on it.