Bye-Bye MT07

DJP

Well, I traded in my MT07 today and collect my new bike on Monday.

The 07 has been a good little bike but I've come to the conclusion that I prefer something larger with more cylinders.

Trouble is, bikes like that now seem to fall into two categories: Full-on sportsbikes (which are just too small and uncomfortable for me) and pseudo off-road “Adventure” bikes which may be great for continental touring but are unfeasibly large for filtering in London traffic.

Whatever happened to ordinary, all round bikes – the sort that the Yanks call a “Standard”?

Well it appears that there is only one now: The Suzuki Bandit 1250. It's not a sportsbike, it's not an adventure bike, it's not a super tourer. It's just a bike, bike.

So I bought one of those.

I'll still look in here from time to time, meanwhile best wishes to all.

Donut

Surprised that you didn't do what many others have and changed to an MT-09 - I assume you considered/tried it.

DJP

Yep. I rode the MT09 in the first place and then decided that I preferred the MT07.

More recently, I rode the XSR900. I can't really say anything bad about it (OK, maybe the gearbox was a bit clunky) but somehow it utterly failed to engage me.

A nice bike, just nothing about it actually made me want one.

Simoncrp

I have also been thinking what i would upgrade to if and when the time comes. 99% of my riding is central London commuting. So far my option are MT09, Kawasaki Z800 or Triumph Triple. But for the moment the MT07 is doing it's job. It's brilliant at filtering.

sdrio

I'm looking at the baby Multistrada. It has a 950 engine, so slightly more practical as a commuter. I'm not quite convinced it's small enough for traffic, and also Ducati haven't got a sterling reputation for reliability, but I'm possibly going to get overruled by how good it looks.

One thing for sure, whatever I get next, it won't be a Yamaha.

robodene

Just in case of relevance, Ducati are raising their prices by an ave. of 4.8% next year. Others will follow.

valvestem

Have fun with it.
Nice bike.
This is what makes the world go around.
It would be boring if we all liked the same thing.
Ride safe
valvestem

P

Peter

This Monday I sold my bike. It was one of the best bike I've ever had. RIP

What do you think guys about my next bike? A bigger, stronger, more expensive one? No, I plan to buy a scooter and I give up the motorcycling. Let me tell you why:
I'm 47 yo now. The bikes are my love upcoming over and over again. The last one started 8 years ago. Now my interest dramatically decreased and I felt that I need more power, more speed, more acceleration and more adrenaline. I think it is an extremely dangerous state. I will kill myself if I continue this way. So I decided to skip couple of years and I will see what to do later.

So I say good by everybody, enjoy your bike and keep calm.

bugeyes

Congrats to the Bandit, I had a 1200S for 6 years and loved it, not as agile as the MT-07 in the city but steadier and more comfortable at speed on the open road.