Conspicuity

Rouqui

hi there. When I was riding my XT600 drivers saw me coming, now with the MT-07, either they haven't seen me or they think it is a small bike, perhaps a 125. This was really obvious, even though I was going at about the same speeds (running in). I think I might get some of those LED "foglights", I don't want to wear a dayglo gilet! Anyway, to other new MT-07 riders, just be aware that the matt black front of the bike makes us difficult to judge, even with the headlamp on. possibly good for avoiding speed traps though.

Extra care of course here in France. The van drivers have pastis for breakfast and we have the special rule about giving priority to traffic from the right, at any unmarked junction, even if you are on a major road.

Last edited:

timo

I know what you mean on my test ride a van hit the number plate on a round a bout. The driver said did not see me had to ring shop and say why number plate was broken.

Anthony

I was riding with a group, got held up and left behind, so the group pulled up safely down the road. They seamed confused as to who had pulled up behind them until I was right on top of them.

mike83

I have same , every ride some one try to hit me . Extra fog lights will be nice but still drivers need to look at mirrors :cool:

Kaff

... I feel that this is nothing hi-viz clothing and a louder exhaust won't fix. Wearing all black on a black bike with a silent pipe will leave you unnoticed.

...mind you, I currently have a black helmet, black two-peace leather suit and have ordered a matt-grey MT-07 so right now I don't practice what I preach. I have become more aware of the dangers of not been seen in the traffic and I'm thinking about getting some brighter clothing and maybe an akra-slip-on for this season.