demo ride at Bill smiths

KEVINJSTANLEY

hi all
so I am off to the MCN show this week, my aim is to see what is out there before I spend my hard earned cash, The Mt 07 tickled my fancy with it's style and the smashing reviews it appears to be getting.
so yesterday off to bill smiths and I took out their demo ABS version.
first thing I noticed was how close you are to the front wheel and how tall u feel in the saddle, I'm not tall in height at 5,10 but I am in width 115 kgs :).
the engine was great even with my weight and pulled away no sweat in all the gears and accelerated past cars easily in 3-4 or 5 th gear. the engine is sweet :)
I was unsure on it's handling in that I was not given much feeling of confidence in throwing it into a corner with my weight and height in the seat and how like I say I was over the front wheel, but that may be that this was the first time in 12mths on a bike after my work accident.
ABS did not rear it's head so I have no issues with abs or non.
a couple of things that were frustrating all be it small stuff was the indicator switch position. I had winter gloves on and most times I was hitting the horn button when indicating right.
I also have a issue with the clocks position bearing in mind I already felt I was very close to the front wheel. in that you have to make a effort to look down to see your speed or revs.
so considering we are talking a few small concerns the ride went well...in fact it went so well Bill smiths rand my home to ask my wife was I there cause I had been out 2 hrs lol

I am considering the Moto Cage and will make the final decision on Saturday following my trip to London and the show.

has any one else got similar issues on those little problems or am I just fat fingered

cheers all

Last edited:

da1kini

hi all
so I am off to the MCN show this week, my aim is to see what is out there before I spend my hard earned cash, The Mt 07 tickled my fancy with it's style and the smashing reviews it appears to be getting.
so yesterday off to bill smiths and I took out their demo ABS version.
first thing I noticed was how close you are to the front wheel and how tall u feel in the saddle, I'm not tall in height at 5,10 but I am in width 115 kgs :).
the engine was great even with my weight and pulled away no sweat in all the gears and accelerated past cars easily in 3-4 or 5 th gear. the engine is sweet :)
I was unsure on it's handling in that I was not given much feeling of confidence in throwing it into a corner with my weight and height in the seat and how like I say I was over the front wheel, but that may be that this was the first time in 12mths on a bike after my work accident.
ABS did not rear it's head so I have no issues with abs or non.
a couple of things that were frustrating all be it small stuff was the indicator switch position. I had winter gloves on and most times I was hitting the horn button when indicating right.
I also have a issue with the clocks position bearing in mind I already felt I was very close to the front wheel. in that you have to make a effort to look down to see your speed or revs.
so considering we are talking a few small concerns the ride went well...in fact it went so well Bill smiths rand my home to ask my wife was I there cause I had been out 2 hrs lol

I am considering the Moto Cage and will make the final decision on Saturday following my trip to London and the show.

has any one else got similar issues on those little problems or am I just fat fingered

cheers all
I honked the horn plenty of times first days, after that I only do it on purpose when riding past sweet babes :)

Otherwise the bike is a dream.

nobull

I'm a lanky 6ft4 & had exactly the same complaints as you after demo ride, but minor niggles so bought one anyway, collecting 1st March! Horn location totally stupid, if I wasn't 6'4 i'd be worried people would think I was sounding off at them & have a pop back!

DERPONT

Im also 6ft 4 and 110kg and love the sitting position of the MT07 over any other Naked bike ive ridden and other then Australia have the smaller CC'd motors i Love mine and have been recommending ppl buy one...

Edit: i thing i will pick on is the lack of accessories in Australia for the MT07, ok ok I know its new but come on!

Noggie

Got mine yesterday, I too picked it for the riding position. Out of about 30 bikes I test seated, including the MT-09, this bike was by far the most comfortable for me.
I'm 5.10 (1.74m), 100kg, this bike is a bit of a tip toe bike for me, but it's so narrow that it's not a huge issue.think both my heals ante about an inch off the ground when I sit on it.

DJP

I'm 6'1" and 95kg and it's fine for me.

I'd agree on the indicator / horn proximity - it is a bit daft but I haven't had that many issues with it in reality.

And you're not actually that close to the front, just the lack of a fairing makes it seem so. Likewise the instrument position - I've never noticed a problem with it.