Engine cuts off when the clutch lever pulled in

Ralph

Mine hasn't done it since I did the injector body's sync but I get the feeling it could so I
am going to see what they find on the one they are doing, mine as no juddering but goes
in gear with a clunk, if you pull in the clutch when cold then give it a quick rev it will go in
with a slight click, once hot no matter what you do it goes in with a light clunk, nothing
really bad but would rather it being a was little less. They still say they cant turn up the
tick over but a few on forums say they have had it done, I keep forgetting to ask what system
they use to read the ecu.

gregjet

I think idle can be set from the ECU but you need the software and the connector and Yamaha's interrogator, I think. Not sure that will cure the problem as from the video it self revs without touching the throttle then dies like it's running lean.
Gearbox: if you have experimented with the gearlever position and boot thickness then you may want to change to a different oil. I know SV650's have a problem with some oils making the gearbox clunky ( Moterex from memory but my have been Motul).

simsport

stalling

Get the throttle sync'd you'll have no more problems bike gets less Temperamental with age
I just got my 2015 bike back from its first service. It had stalled about 6 times before this. I told them I wanted the injection system/throttles balanced but they claimed it didn't need it. They said yamaha didn't have any evidence of the issue and wouldn't accept hearsay from forums etc! I thin we should all write to yamaha claiming the safety issue and describing the symptoms. If they ignore that possibly BBC watchdog programme. I am annoyed and disappointed, by the way it did it on the way home after the first service! The bike is great otherwise and I love it, the dealer too has been great other than ignoring this issue, however it's not acceptable that a new bike is released in this way.

rappetor

I just got my 2015 bike back from its first service. It had stalled about 6 times before this. I told them I wanted the injection system/throttles balanced but they claimed it didn't need it. They said yamaha didn't have any evidence of the issue and wouldn't accept hearsay from forums etc! I thin we should all write to yamaha claiming the safety issue and describing the symptoms. If they ignore that possibly BBC watchdog programme. I am annoyed and disappointed, by the way it did it on the way home after the first service! The bike is great otherwise and I love it, the dealer too has been great other than ignoring this issue, however it's not acceptable that a new bike is released in this way.
The maintainance chart clearly states a fuel injection system sync, also at the first service. So they can claim what they want, but why is it in the maintainance chart then?

sdrio

The maintainance chart clearly states a fuel injection system sync, also at the first service. So they can claim what they want, but why is it in the maintainance chart then?
Mine was done by Yamaha UK themselves. Made no difference.

Ralph

First time some poor sucker gets rear ended and sues the arse off them them they will
take notice, unfortunately it's going to happen.

da1kini

Exactly, but people are more occupied with getting the service done cheap so they don't mind the mechanics ignoring it...
it is quite a time effort thing to sync for the mechanics. I stod beside and watched my first service, the rest took like 20 min but the sync took almost 45min cause they have to remove a lot of the tank and plastics to get to it.

But after that sync the bike was completely different. Much smoother to ride and mine was not even that much off to start with.

sdrio

Exactly, but people are more occupied with getting the service done cheap so they don't mind the mechanics ignoring it...
it is quite a time effort thing to sync for the mechanics. I stod beside and watched my first service, the rest took like 20 min but the sync took almost 45min cause they have to remove a lot of the tank and plastics to get to it.

But after that sync the bike was completely different. Much smoother to ride and mine was not even that much off to start with.
Mine was done by Yamaha UK themselves. Made no difference.

ginge

stalling when trying to pull away

done 4000 miles so far and mine is getting worse just have to open the throttle after stopping at traffic lights, don't even let the clutch out.

going in to dealer on Friday as Yamaha technical suggested checking fuel injection system. I have a new mv augusta for the afternoon

addy

done 4000 miles so far and mine is getting worse just have to open the throttle after stopping at traffic lights, don't even let the clutch out.

going in to dealer on Friday as Yamaha technical suggested checking fuel injection system. I have a new mv augusta for the afternoon
Hope they figure it out, I've been into my dealer twice about it and it just doesn't get taken seriously.

sdrio

Hope they figure it out, I've been into my dealer twice about it and it just doesn't get taken seriously.
It's just economics.

If they admit there's a problem, they have to recall several hundred thousand bikes. It would cost millions.

If they have to throw a few suckers like us that have shitty MT07s under the bus to avoid that, it just makes business sense. So what if we never buy another Yamaha?

addy

Just wanted to upload a couple videos of my bike stalling/cutting out with clutch in. Had the baffle out for the last month and it actually stalls less than with it in.

[video=youtube;0hN-WJaB2B8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hN-WJaB2B8[/video]

Ralph

Make sure the wires to the clutch lever are plugged in,
if so get them to sync the throttle body's, always
stress it's a safety problem nearly rear ended run
over by truck etcetera they always take more interest
in safety issues as they could be forced by the powers
that be into a recall.

addy

Make sure the wires to the clutch lever are plugged in,
if so get them to sync the throttle body's, always
stress it's a safety problem nearly rear ended run
over by truck etcetera they always take more interest
in safety issues as they could be forced by the powers
that be into a recall.
Yea I uploaded the videos mainly so that when I take it in again for the 3rd time I have something to show them.

Mentioned throttle body sync the 2nd time and they instantly replied it wouldn't be that, didn't even consider it.

Donut

Mine stalled at junctions occasionally when I got it with about 1000 miles on it but has got better with more miles on and only done it a couple of times in the last 500 or so and one of those may have been down to me stalling the bike rather than it stalling by itself.

Hope yours get sorted soon.