First Dyno run, standard bike

POG

My first Dyno run, standard bike 2,800 miles on the clock.
I will post an update when i have fitted the Mivv oval carbon exhaust I've just ordered, hopefully i will do a run on the Dyno with and without the DB killer to see what difference there is.MT-07 1st dyno run .jpg

Donut

Perfect fueling - don't forget to check the fueling and not just the power on the other dyno runs - but whoever does the runs for you should point out any problems

POG

Looks like Yamaha got the fueling pretty much spot on straight out of the box. I've got to wait 2 weeks for the Mivv pipe to turn up before I can fit it and run it up on the Dyno again. (It's coming from Italy).

Donut

Here was my dyno run with the factory Akrapovic - both with and without the db killer.

MT-07 Dyno.jpg

Without the db killer it has 2 more bhp but note how lean it is.

Will be looking into ways of sorting this that are cheaper than a Power Commander.

Noggie

I just had a look at the two different dynos and made some comparisons.

Looks like
Stock bike 65.75hp @~9000rpm, 44.6ft.lbs @~6500rpm
Akra with DB 67.5hp @9031rpm, 44.9ft.lbs @6571rpm
Akra no DB 69.4 @9059rpm, 46.3ft.lbs @ 6642rpm

@Pog.
When you get the Mivv runs done, try to get a chart that shows all trends, then its easier to see where in the rev band the changes are.

guess that means.
+2hp and virtually no torque gain from stock to Akra. A/F spot on
+2hp and ~1,5ft.lbs torque from Akra to Akra without DB. A/F looks good
+4hp and ~2ft.lbs torque from stock to Akra without DB. A/F not good, expect to see more gain when the A/F is corrected

balki

Nice to see a run at stock to compare manufacturer figures to real world (Rear tyre) figures
Scorpion (no baffle) with stage 1 dna
upload_-1.jpg

Will have to scan a better copy sometime

Attachments

Last edited:

buster

Yoshimura carbon (baffle in ) DNA stage 1
16250 miles
Before map
image.jpg
After map
image.jpg

VIDEO OF REMAP (baffle in ) it's a live map that adjusts to any changes made ie stage 2 air filter ,
or removing the baffle it gives the optimal running for each change made ie greater increase in BHP and torque.

https://youtu.be/VmBqYLmAVxU

Last edited:

POG

Finally got on the Dyno again with the Mivv oval carbon fitted. I had to use a different Dyno from the one i used at the start of this thread so i cannot overlay my original standard run.
Power.jpg
The red line is with both db killers fitted, the black line is with the db killer removed from the end of the silencer.
Torque.jpg
The red line is with both db killers fitted, the black line is with the db killer removed from the end of the silencer.
The max power has gone from a standard 65.75 Bhp up to 69.2 Bhp and the Torque has gone from a standard 44.6 ft.lbs up to 47.5 ft.lbs.
The fuelling seems better with the db killer out with it in it runs slightly rich.
The ecu is standard spec, (not flashed).

Last edited:

gregjet

Hasn't anybody noticed how ALL of these AFR maps shows the ratio getting ridiculously rich from 9000 to 9500? That's the way to lose HP where you could use in ( on a track anyway). Are non of these PCV's or reflashed. I just checked my post reflash post induction restriction removal AFR graph and it's the same. There is more useable HP lurking in those engines unless there is a port , airflow restriction, camming problem, air resonance, valve spring, problem waiting to be fixed. Something is still stopping the air getting i at high revs.

Noggie

Hasn't anybody noticed how ALL of these AFR maps shows the ratio getting ridiculously rich from 9000 to 9500? That's the way to lose HP where you could use in ( on a track anyway). Are non of these PCV's or reflashed. I just checked my post reflash post induction restriction removal AFR graph and it's the same. There is more useable HP lurking in those engines unless there is a port , airflow restriction, camming problem, air resonance, valve spring, problem waiting to be fixed. Something is still stopping the air getting i at high revs.
For the AFR to get rich towards redline is normal, in any engine, I believe it is using the fuel as cooling at those high loads.
A leaner mix will burn hotter and increase the engine temperature a lot at high RPM's and the risk of damaging or even failing your engine is high, so by adding a bit more fuel on top you have a cooler combustion reducing engine temperature, increase the life of your engine, and lose a little power.

So you are not seeing a lack of air due to restrictions, you see the engine mapping doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Last edited:

jonnyg

I had mine Dyno tuned a couple of weeks. I have a K&N filter, DNA airbox lid, Power commander FC fitted and a Mivv GP high level exhaust. Blue is a map downloaded from PC web site but for a different exhaust.

img007.jpg

Last edited:

Scim77

Where did you buy it from? I see the Dynojet USA site has Model FC22065 for Yamaha FZ-07 listed at $249 plus carriage etc, but Dynojet UK does not even have a listing!
The curves look good and AFR is excellent, right through the rev range. Have you got a graph of how the curves looked before the PCFC was fitted? How long did it take you to fit it?

Fruppzor

Dyno'd my bike yesterday!

Have been riding with the Acra titan, stock air filter and stock ecu for more than a year now and decided to take the next step.

So i ordered a DNA stage2 filter and a PC5 and booked a day on the dyno :cool:

Red Is with db-killer in and stock air filter and stock ecu
68,51hp / 64,07Nm (47,26Ft/lb)

Green Is with db-killer out and DNA stage2 and full map.
70,35hp / 68,05Nm (50,19Ft/lb)

Mappning.jpg

I’m very happy with the result!
And most of all I’m happy with the new smooth throttle response. Its amazing!

Donut

Went to Dynotech at Bramley recently and spent about 4 hours fitting a DNA kit, Power Commander V and some dyno runs.

Also tried it with the cat out and although it made a little more power (half an hp) it added to the noise and as fueling was better with it in we put it back in.

So only about 1.5 horsepower gained at peak BUT about 10% gain between approx 4500 and 7500 rpm and now have 70+ bhp between 7200 and 9700.

If I want to ride in a quieter mode it's only 1 hp down with the baffle in.

Have also gained almost 4.5 ft/lb of torque (52.84 ft/lb) with more torque from 4000 to 7700 than previous max (48.45 ft/lb).

Here are the graphs to help explain.

MT07 Dyno 2.jpgMT07 Dyno 1.jpg