First service done (1000km)

Noggie

So today I got my bike back from its 1000km service, almost run-in now (1300km, 300 to go).
This service was not cheap (300€/220£), but I guess it's just something you have to deal with.
Going in to service I did not expect much, oil change and some inspection items and maybe some adjustments, I knew my chain was slack as the tension was on the max limit after 300km.

Got on the bike and went home, that's a 25km ride, mostly motorways. First reaction was that the throttle felt smoother, also gear changes were smoother.
Got home and went out for a more spirited drive this evening.
Yes, the bike is quite different now, gears are smooth and rarely misses, throttle is much smoother, not as jerky as before, also it appears to take better to low rpm's, like a 70km/h in 6th gear roll on, it still dont like it but it's a lot smoother than before. Also taking off in 2nd from almost standstill (i.e intersections, traffic circles etc) are smooth, while before the whole bike would shake and jerk a lot.

All in all this service made a huge change to my bike. I guess the slack chain may be blamed for some of the issue I have had, but the throttle calibration/synchronization must have been a huge factor too.

I guess it was worth the money after all.

badger27

Wow that seems expensive I paid 45 pounds for the 500 mile service. Oil filter sump washer and bung.. Yamaha should of provided the labour you just buy the consumables

D

Deleted member 20

The UK deal where you only pay for parts is UK only, at least not the deal i Nordics. In Sweden the 1st service is about €200, in Norway €300. Labour always expensive in Norway.

Noggie

They will usually have a fixed price here, but perhaps they have not had too many MT-07's in for service yet to figure out a fixed price.
A typical garage will charge you 100-120£ in labour each hour.
I guess they did all the items in the service book, I paid for labour oil and filter, adjusted the chain and lubed it, then took it for a test drive, and possibly made adjustments to brake, clutch and other things they may have found during the test run.

If you look in the instruction manual, there are quite a few things that should be done at 1000km, not just a simple oil change.

Noggie

Having read on this forum, and seen on YouTube it appears that some places do cheap service, and don't do the adjustments, change fluids and off you go.
Some don't consider the injector synchronization necessary and don't do it, you are happy because you got a cheap service.

I know they did a lot of things on my bike, I can see the results very well.

Norway is an expensive country, after all the Mt07 cost 10.500 euro new, almost twice of other countries, people have higher salaries, so naturally labour cost more, the guy who did my service probably make 50.000euro a year, maybe more.

da1kini

Having read on this forum, and seen on YouTube it appears that some places do cheap service, and don't do the adjustments, change fluids and off you go.
Some don't consider the injector synchronization necessary and don't do it, you are happy because you got a cheap service.

I know they did a lot of things on my bike, I can see the results very well.

Norway is an expensive country, after all the Mt07 cost 10.500 euro new, almost twice of other countries, people have higher salaries, so naturally labour cost more, the guy who did my service probably make 50.000euro a year, maybe more.
YEs, some people are happy to walk away with a cheap service! I have said that many times on this forum. They should check the throttle sync and all other stuff in the 1st service. And ass Anders said it cost more than the spare parts...And also as stated earlier the bike felt a lot more responsive and smooth after the 1st service...

Last edited:

1a2a3a

Is there a fix parameters what to be done on first service? (1000km /600 miles).

I just wana be sure and get ready when my time comes. Be better prepared than get ripped off by my dealer here. hah!

Noggie

Is there a fix parameters what to be done on first service? (1000km /600 miles).

I just wana be sure and get ready when my time comes. Be better prepared than get ripped off by my dealer here. hah!
There is a Matrix in the manual, in mine it's chapter 6. It lists all items to be checked at each service interval and yearly service.
It also lists how often you should check chain tension, and other checks between services.