Flex in handlebar mount

• Thread starter Deleted member 20
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 20

Noted today that the handlebar risers are kind of "rubbery mounted" to the triple tree. No solid feel at all, is this as it should be? Are yours loose as well? Is this for elimination of vibrations, or is my bike just poorly put together?

D

Deleted member 20

Might be a good thing, but i don't think I like it. Never had it before and never missed it. This must have a negative impact on steering feedback, feel and control.

DJP

The bars are mounted on "Metalastic" bushes - same as on a lot of old Brit bikes.

It's pretty much a standard fare on parallel twins.

Rouqui

I've just taken a look. Yes, a bit of flex but I never noticed it while riding, too busy checking the speedo and looking for the car which might pull out on me.

P

Peter

Today I checked it and yes, it is flexible. I think the Japanese engineers know what do they do. I don't care about it. The bike works fine, no vibration and no negative impact. This must be the optimal solution.

Sivvo73

About a week after owning mine, I picked up on the bar flex, raised it with dealer during its first service, he demonstrated the same flex on all of his other mt07's in stockist a design thing to cut vibrations through the handle bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk