Fuel consumption

sdrio

Oh, and remember, for the first couple of thousand miles / KMs, the fuel consumption on a new bike will not be as good. I reckon about 10% difference between mine when new, and what it uses now (2 years old / about 14,000 miles).

This is regardless of what bike (or car it is). They pretty much all do this.

joao

Yes, i was quoting you without knowing that was you the one who said that.:D
But i know that felling very well.

I prefer an mt 07.
And probably there isn't a bike with such thrill and similar consumptions.

Thanks for the opinion, i was triyng to know what the hills do to an efficient driving. I assume there isn't a significant difference in the end.
For my calculations i will have to go to the pumps twice a week.

sdrio

Yes, i was quoting you without knowing that was you the one who said that.:D
But i know that felling very well.

I prefer an mt 07.
And probably there isn't a bike with such thrill and similar consumptions.

Thanks for the opinion, i was triyng to know what the hills do to an efficient driving. I assume there isn't a significant difference in the end.
For my calculations i will have to go to the pumps twice a week.
It could defintely do with a bigger tank. Mine lasts about 4 days, I'd love to get a week from a tank, but it just won't do it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with driving for economy - it's quite satisfying to get a few extra miles from a tank. I just think if that's your top priority, although the MT07 is not particularly thirsty, there are more economical bikes out there.

But as you say, it's a good bke, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Could be worse, my R1 does about 25mpg (11.3l/100km) on a good day. It drinks an 18l tank dry in less than 100 miles. Good fun though.

robodene

Hi, Peter.
I would like to know if the roads you ride have curves and also if they have hills?
I am thinking of buying a mt 07 and i'm only gonna do a lot of B roads with curves and some hills,
and lots of kilometres per day, i'm trying to antecipate the range i can get riding at the speeds that you ride.
No urban traffic, just b roads with curves and hills and riding at 80/100 km, max 120. Anybody with similar riding?
I am riding much as you describe, with no traffic. I'll open it up though when I get a clear stretch and I am not trying to save fuel. I get 68mpg.

johnnakay

on some of my bikes I've owned I've fitted 1 tooth bigger at the front or 2 or 3 at the rear.
the reason I do this is to reduce rev's which in turn save a little on fuel.
on my yam/fazer 600 I put a bigger front and this reduce the rev's by about 400 @ 70mph which gave me roughly an extra 15 miles on a full tank.
as for acceleration I didn't notice any difference the front end will still lift up..
I intend to do the same when I buy the new tracer 700.

Samo94

I'm getting 44 to 45mpg out of mine. Commuting to and from work. 40 miles.
I'm getting 115 miles to 120 miles till fuel bar flashes.

sdrio

Most my riding is motorway so 70mph+
If It's motorway riding, you should be getting 60 or more.

You sure you're working it out correctly? Mine goes onto reserve at about 125 miles, and I'm getting about 55 - 60mpg from mine. That's about 90% in traffic. On a run it does nearer 65.

I'm assuming you're not taking this from the onboard computer? I wouldn't trust those numbers.

44-45 is disastrous. If you're really getting that, you need to have either the bike or your riding style checked over.

Mbstyt

Getting between 65-70mpg on my commute to work according to the dashboard figures. 80 miles a day return journey.

All A/B roads from Bucks into London. I ride at speed limit +10%/5mph (whichever is the lower figure). Average speed 50mph. Also ride in a higher gear and keep the revs low as well. Very little traffic except occasionally on the A40 which I can filter through.

I normally get to about 160-170 miles before the fuel light starts to flash. I just fuel up every 2 commutes. I usually get 10.5-11 litres in when Standing the bike upright and filling it right up to the brim of the cap (goes back down after a few seconds). This is wih about 4500 miles on the clock. When it was new I was getting between 100-120 miles per tank, Fuel consumption improved as it was broken in.

Ralph

A lot depends on the rider, I often get in the high 70's mpg
but don't hold anyone up, I do use the higher gears in a 40
limit I will likely be in top but if I need to accelerate will knock
it down the gears it is if you do it all the time a automatic
thing you don't think about it, I have ridden with others that
have the engine revving it's head off in first gear wile mine
is sitting in 5th they are not going any faster just burning
more fuel and making more noise.

robodene

I have just started using a block under the stand to see if I can get more fuel into the tank and extend the range. I usually get about 165 - 170 before panic.

Beeroclock

I'm getting between 68 and 73 mpg at the moment depending on how I ride - mixed town and a roads. Bike is a 2016 model with about 17o miles on the clock. To be honest I never really push it much past 6000 revs...

Cheers Phil

Fruppzor

In late August I made a 2530 km trip to Norway and I averaged 3,8l/100km calculated at the pumps.

Im very impressed with the fuel consumption on the 07! :D

Mine is using 4l/100km. And I have done 11 000km. Will be interesting to see if there will be a difference next summer after a few mods. DNA airfilter and lid, ECU flash and a Mivv GP full exhaust system.

Ralph

Much depends on how and were you ride, cold weather also affects MPG
but this is a very economical bike doubt anything else in it's class is any better.