Fuel...........

Yaminator

I just found out today that the MT07 should be using PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL as per workshop manual recommendation ..

Torque

Yamaha's definition of premium is misleading in the UK, our ordinary unleaded falls within the 'premium' category. Ordinary unleaded petrol in the UK has an octane rating of 95, super unleaded 98. You are fine with normal unleaded, the only practical reason to go higher is if the engine is knocking or pinging.

We could start a whole debate on the pros and cons, but let's not :rolleyes: because I think it was already discussed in another thread.

Ralph

I have tried both and cant tell any difference
but with the fuel consumption of the MT it wont
brake the bank to try, The only fuel I thought
may have made it feel slightly smoother was
ESSO's premium cant remember it's name
but it was only a very slight difference.

DJP

Yamaha's definition of premium is misleading in the UK, our ordinary unleaded falls within the 'premium' category...
This^.

The manual is written for the global market. In the US, for example, standard unleaded is 91 RON whereas ours is 95 hence already "Premium".

98 RON Super unleaded won't make any difference to the MT07 - the engine's state of tune is too low to make use of it.

smiketar

I used 95 unleaded and some times on low rpm you can hear knocking.
With 100 Premium OMV its much better ,no knocking and consumption its same.

LiamI

I ONLY run ethanol-free fuel. Few weeks ago, I wasn't near my normal gas station so I filled up with 97 unleaded...my bike hated it, hesitating and lacking power, super choppy on the throttle...if I can help it, I will stay away from ANY fuel that has ethanol in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bugeyes

I used 95 unleaded and some times on low rpm you can hear knocking.
With 100 Premium OMV its much better ,no knocking and consumption its same.
If it was fuel related knocking you would get it in high revs.
The difference is that a higher octane fuel gives a shorter and more distnict explosion and thereby allows higher rews before knocking. Unless you need higher octane don't use it as it contains less energy, the MT-07 runs fine on 95.