Gearbox issue?

geot

Hello again..
I solve the stalling issue by programming the injectors to spray little more fuel..
Now to something new that i observed..
With the engine off, if i select the first gear and i have my clutch pulled in, the bike doesn't move.. Or it moves a little, with much efford to the legs..
Does that indicate gearbox issue?
Or its the same with your bikes and i don't have to worry?

Ralph

I don't think you have a problem all bikes are harder to push when in gear and engine off clutch in,
but check your clutch adjustment, will test mine later.

How did you program the injectors?

geot

I took it to the dealership and they found out the problem..
The injectors were spraying quite little amount of fuel..
Check it please and inform me..
Cause i think when it is too hard to push, it indicates problem..

Torque

A wet clutch such as in the MT07 has multiple plates that turn in the engine oil. The oil is used as a lubricant/cooler, but when the engine is cold the oil is a lot thicker (higher viscosity) and therefore has a greater resistance to movement (friction).

This can have quite a marked effect and in fact I have found my older CBR600 quite hard to paddle with a cold engine. However when up to temperature the bike seems to glide easily when paddled with my feet.

As to your situation, is the bike hard to push with the engine off and the engine cold, or do you get the problem even when the engine is up to temperature? If the latter then the above theory does not apply to you and you may have an issue. If it's only when the engine is cold I wouldn't worry if the effort to push is more, but it's subjective and if its VERY hard for you to push then again you probably have another issue.

The proof of course would be to take it to the dealer under warranty because without looking at the bike and testing it, any comment on a forum is just an opinion.

Last edited:

Ralph

Had a play if put in 1st when cold pull the clutch in and it does not want to move
but hold in the clutch and give the bike a small jerk back and forward and this frees the clutch
then it moves, it's then only slightly harder to move than in neutral, this is due to the clutch
plates sticking due to them running in oil and is normal.

If with the engine ticking over clutch pulled in the bike is not trying to move it is OK,
if its trying to pull forward then the clutch needs adjusting or it as a clutch problem

Mine does go into gear sometimes with a clunk that would make a 60's Triumph envious
but other times goes in with hardly a click but that just seems to be how they are as others
I have ridden have been the same.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

geot

I have try with the engine hot cause i knew about the oil issue..
But it is quite the same..
While the engine running and with the clutch pulled in, it doesn't move an inch..
So i don't think it is a clutch problem..
I 'll try moving it back and forward..

Mine does go into gear sometimes with a clunk that would make a 60's Triumph envious
but other times goes in with hardly a click but that just seems to be how they are as others
I have ridden have been the same.
Quite the same here..

nobull

I second what torque says above. I once got an sv1000 stuck 20 yards from home - was trying to bump it as flat battery, put it in first on hill infront of house then couldn't budge it an inch due to oil drag on clutch plates, and couldn't get it back in neutral as couldn't even rock it an inch, had to lift rear wheel off ground and drag it back to car to jump start it, hard work, relevance is its the same principal. Hence why rear wheel turns on paddock stand in neutral until the engine oil is warm.