Group rides could be band.

Ralph

[FONT=open_sans]Harlow have already done this others are likely to follow if they make it stick, [/FONT]
[FONT=open_sans]even going out for a ride with a mate is covered.[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sans]Harlow Council's injunction bans groups of two or more from taking part in ride outs from 10am to midnight on any public land or highway in the town,[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sans]I did check it was not April the 1st but no it seems ligit.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Torque

Twats...

So I pull up at some lights where another biker is waiting. We have a chat, the lights turn green and we ride off on the same route. We are now breaking the law. The police pull us over and we are in court for riding in a group of 2 or more. Totally unenforcible imo, seems to contradict existing laws pertaining to freedom of movement and expression.

Like I said... :mad:

Last edited:

Torque

As well as riding in a group of 2 or more, I've also just read that one of the activities banned under the terms of the injunction by Harlow is the sounding of horns. Unbelievable... So you may be in contempt of court for sounding your horn, one of the most effective safety devices on a motorcycle (when used correctly). Try telling that to the officious pr***s making up this offensive legislation.

Ralph

It's not as though there aren't plenty of laws covering these things without draconian measures like this,
bet the councillors them selves break this law when coming and going from council meetings though they
will already likely have given themselves exemption.

Viking

I don't understand how can a group of tourists, riding their motorcycles trough that area, know about that law? I also don't see any sense in it, in what way would this mesure help traffic safety?

Poslano sa mog LG-H500 koristeći Tapatalk

sdrio

I saw this before, and it's not going to be as draconian as it sounds.

Although I Haven't seen the actual wording of the order, The issue as I understand it was that groups of bikers and if I'm not wrong car drivers as well were being a nuisance by congregating and behaving antisocially.

The police had difficulty in dealing with this, as they were having to identify individual offences, so to break up a gang of 15 wheelie popping horn tooting bikers who were blocking traffic and intimidating other drivers would require them to do 15 stops.

Now they can just stop the whole group, or prevent the group from being there in the first place.

I don't believe the intention is to harass all groups of drivers - clearly if they saw two bikes together and nicked them, you'd just make the same argument as above - we don't know each other. Unless you were both being dicks together (which would destroy that argument), there's no way you'd be prosecuted.

addy

Although I Haven't seen the actual wording of the order, The issue as I understand it was that groups of bikers and if I'm not wrong car drivers as well were being a nuisance by congregating and behaving antisocially.

The police had difficulty in dealing with this, as they were having to identify individual offences, so to break up a gang of 15 wheelie popping horn tooting bikers who were blocking traffic and intimidating other drivers would require them to do 15 stops.

Now they can just stop the whole group, or prevent the group from being there in the first place.

I don't believe the intention is to harass all groups of drivers - clearly if they saw two bikes together and nicked them, you'd just make the same argument as above - we don't know each other. Unless you were both being dicks together (which would destroy that argument), there's no way you'd be prosecuted.
Yea I think this is the case, I see it as the police being given powers to be able to do something about the nuisance groups and to be honest even if they did want to prevent any kind of grouping of regular law abiding people they wouldn't have the man power to.

Viking

That makes sense!

Poslano sa mog LG-H500 koristeći Tapatalk