Helllooooo, London Lady Biker here!

Lausie_d

Hey everyone,

I've found myself on this forum a few times as a guest looking for tips/info, but finally got round to signing up!

I picked up my Silver/Race Blue MT07 mid-March and am loving every minute spent with him (it's a boy). I'm fast approaching 4000 miles already which surprised me, but its just so easy to go out on long rides!

I've switched my levers to Black ASV Shorties which fit my small girly hands MUCH better, installed the tall Ermax Screen which makes a big difference on motorway rides, and am currently deliberating which exhaust to chose between (Akra, Yoshi, SC Project or Arrow). I've also stuck a tail tidy on, as well as set of R&G bungs just in case!! There's also a bit of me that's thinking about coating the silver panels in gloss platidip, as I think they might look a bit sexier in black.

Laura :)

Last edited:

spencer

Welcome Laura i have had my silver race blue BEST COLOUR LOL since end of feb and i have just clocked 8000 miles it don't take long to clock the miles up.

Eddieh93

How much do you guys ride?! I ride everyday and do my weekly road trip and had it since march on the 2700 mark!!

Lausie_d

I have a short 14 mile round-trip commute but get out quite a lot at the weekend for big rides. I've also done a few London - Midlands commutes too, which racks the miles up!

Eddieh93

Oh fair enough, I ride 6 miles commute there and back and then a 7 miles journey to my friends at weekends so obviously not as much riding as everyone else haha

NOTE TO SELF: Ride more!

P.S. Welcome Lausie_d.

bhd

Hi Lausie,
another female here (not sure anyone has ever called me a lady!)

On the subject of mileage, I use my bike every day to and from work (about 35 miles round trip), and it's now covered in a lovely protective layer of crud - the whole bike is matte grey, not just the paintwork.

Lausie_d

Haha, tell me about it bhd!! I had mine treated with ACF50 a month or two ago and they gave the bike a DEEEEP clean. Two days later, it was covered in rain marks, sand, mud, and everything in between!

sdrio

Haha, tell me about it bhd!! I had mine treated with ACF50 a month or two ago and they gave the bike a DEEEEP clean. Two days later, it was covered in rain marks, sand, mud, and everything in between!
Always gives me a dilema when the weather is bad.

I have an MT07 and a 125cc scooter. The scooter is way easier to clean. So I normally go to work on Monday on the scooter, having cleaned and polished both bikes over the weekend, thinking that I'd rather crap up the scooter than my gleaming MT07.

On Tuesday, it's difficult to back the scooter out of the garage past the MT07.

125cc scooter. You know?

By Wednesday I've almost always cracked and taken the Yam.

Eddieh93

Sod riding the 125 if you've got the power of the MT sitting there.

I couldn't imagine going back to a 125! the MT is a good commuter anyway I ride mine every morning to work.

Suficient

Hi Laura!

Are you lausie_d of instagram? It sounds to me...think I've seen pics of yours with the mt07 hashtag!

By the way, I'm from Barcelona (Spain)...hello to everyone too! :p

Michelle333

Hi all from Australia. About to pick up my Matt silver/race blue. Trading up from VTR250 .
Bit nervous about how easy it's going to be to get used to bigger bike. Can't wait to buy all the bits and pieces. Got the Ermax screen already lol.

sdrio

Just take it easy for the first 50 miles, to scrub in brakes and tyres, don't go nuts for the next 100, and you'll be fine.

Only thing to watch on these bikes is that they are a bit torquey - this isn't a problem at all once you're used to it, it's what makes them so good, but coming from a smaller bike you might find it a little surprising.

Someone here did manage to wheelie himself off the back of his on the way home from the dealers where he'd just picked it up, and a few others (self included) have commented on how hard they pull from low revs, but if you're aware of it, you'll have no problems.

Hope you enjoy it.

bhd

Hi all from Australia. About to pick up my Matt silver/race blue. Trading up from VTR250 .
Bit nervous about how easy it's going to be to get used to bigger bike. Can't wait to buy all the bits and pieces. Got the Ermax screen already lol.
It's easier than you think - I went from a 125 trailie to a 600, and was amazed by how much easier it was to handle.

Michelle333

Well, you were all right - easy bike to get used to. Wow, it's a bit like my car -a fast little turbo model :) - plenty of torque on tap compared to the 250. It's been lowered and actually feels a bit better than the 250, so that bit worked out well. Have got nearly 500 klms up, following a large 350 klm ride up the East Coast of Tasmania. Ermax screen on, radiator guard on order.
Now to decide which exhaust to get :)