Hello from Australia

Michelle333

Hi , I'm from Tasmania, Australia . Best motorbike roads ever ! Trading my VTR250 on MT-07, have to wait a couple of weeks for lowering link to get here. Matt silver race blue. Only option we have in Australia for full power version.

gregjet

Which lowering link did you get? There is an Aussie made lowering/ raising/std height one, but I guess a bit late now.
You will miss the VTR250 though. Most under-rated bike made I reckon. I raced one for a while. The power delivery is not dissimiliar on the MT because of the crank config , just lots more and a better controlled throttle if you over-down shift. It doesn't tend to hop as badly. Wish I had you roads here in Bundy. We hope to be down in Tassie at the end of the year but with mountainbikes not motorcycles.

Michelle333

Which lowering link did you get? There is an Aussie made lowering/ raising/std height one, but I guess a bit late now.
You will miss the VTR250 though. Most under-rated bike made I reckon. I raced one for a while. The power delivery is not dissimiliar on the MT because of the crank config , just lots more and a better controlled throttle if you over-down shift. It doesn't tend to hop as badly. Wish I had you roads here in Bundy. We hope to be down in Tassie at the end of the year but with mountainbikes not motorcycles.
Thanks Gregjet. Yes the VTR is an awesome little bike, especially with the new tyres I just put on. Went for a ride yesterday down around our coastline, handled like a dream. I would keep it but just need a little bit more power. I ride with hubby & son who both have ZX-14s. The lowering link is a 2" one from T-Rex.
You need to come down here on motorbikes, we are famous for our roads.

Cheers

Michelle333

Hi , I'm from Tasmania, Australia . Best motorbike roads ever ! Trading my VTR250 on MT-07, have to wait a couple of weeks for lowering link to get here. Matt silver race blue. Only option we have in Australia for full power version.
finally picked my bike up. I love it ! But I can't work out how to add a photo to the thread !

Michelle333

FB_IMG_1455860397004.jpg
Here is a photo - have added ermax screen. Also looking at radiator guard and good adjustable levers. And a good pipe of course, it is way too quiet. Not sure which one to go for yet. We have lowered bike 2" and I can get my short legs to the ground better than the 250. Been on two small rides, and one longer around our gorgeous East Coast and Lake Leake Road. (Famous world over to bike riders). I love this bike, easy transition from the 250 and so much torque makes it lovely to ride.
(That's my 250 in the background)

bobh

Just opened the latest copy of (UK) Bike mag, and there's a bit in there about Tasmania - the roads sound awesome! Enjoy!