hi from Estonia

eriks

and waiting starts from today.. paid for my MT-07 competition white today.. collecting in the end of May. only 4 MT-07's for my country for 2014.
hard days ahead. waiting... ouh..

coming with rear axle protection kit, front axle protection kit and side sliders.

Jon

Welcome eriks, we feel your pain! I also got front and rear bobbins too. Will also get R&G Racing "aero" frame protectors soon. And a screen when they become available. Hopefully before we get too many flies!

Rouqui

hi Erics. It is amazing that Yamaha are selling this model into so many countries, all at the same time, even if you have only 4 this year. If we have a European rally for MT07s in a couple of years, imagine how many bikes will be there!

eriks

Good job we had more than 4 in the uk.
well, we have 1 million people in the country so i guess yamaha europe dealer had some quotas per country..
at the same time MT-09s are freely available straight from shop.. not so hot as 07 :)

eriks

jee just got call from Yamaha that my baby has landed in the shop. now registering, sliders install and i can collect it, probably on Monday or so :p

eriks

Ohlins shocks and front springs went into ordering, 10.10 installation
Cant wait to feel the difference :)

goloso_b

It will be interesting to know your impressions on the Ohlins suspension. I hope they are worth it. May I ask how much €€€ ?

sven11

Hi everyone, as i am quite big (100kg) and with my girlfriend as passenger the bike is on its very limits or even slightly over. I am very interested to hear what improvement Ohlins can offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goloso_b

Not much info in this video, but someone has already tested the Ohlins suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Ha-R7_Xy0

Last edited:

eriks

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Ohlins shock and springs installed today. Wow what a difference. Completely another bike than in the morning!! I am very VERY pleasantly surprised!

sven11

It would be great if we could try it out;)) haha

Are you an experianced rider? How hard you push the bike? Just wondering if the upgrade would make sense for a rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuggets

Good job, I bet it has changed the handling a lot. I have also been looking at same mod to keep me busy over winter. Can you tell me what what spec. and volume of fork oil did you use? Where did you get the information from does it come with the kit?

eriks

Are you an experianced rider? How hard you push the bike? Just wondering if the upgrade would make sense for a rookie

Well, can not say I am experienced on the bike, more like intermediate. But as I am actively doing rally sport I can acknowledge the importance of suspension and can notice the difference. I try to push the bike as hard as my balls allow :) meaning i got still 1cm chickenstripes. The roads here in Estonia are in quite a shape in negative sense, so there are rails and bumps all over, also in turns.
And the upgrade MAKES sense if you try to get better in leaning and fast corners.
Not speaking if track days is something you would like to do.

Can you tell me what what spec. and volume of fork oil did you use? Where did you get the information from does it come with the kit?

All specs come with the kit. Therefore I can not tell without asking from my mechanics :) But printed manual what comes with the kit is quite impressive. Explaining the principles of suspension LOL and effects from altering the settings etc.

http://www.andreanigroup.com/en-us/...=11249&modelloRepartoId=78330&q=&reparto=moto

at least they have rear suspension, front shocks and front full cartridge for europe. got better prices than they ask though.

Effects so far noticed:
when braking the nose is not diving anymore.
when changing gear down with too high revs the back is not sliding so easily.
driving straight over bumps doesn't feel at all
acceleration feels faster through better grip and because the ride is smoother
even the artificial high places on street (how you call them, from metal sometimes - where schools are) can be ridden over on 60 kmh without any feeling.
and behavior in fast long corners is fantastic. smooth, stable, confident.

had only 4 Celsius on street and it was wet so i tested only 40 km today.

eriks

what people think of an idea to paint all plastic parts WHITE? Any photoshop gurus here who could try it out on computer and show it?

eriks

got today Icon Hypersport Prime leather jacket.
http://www.rideicon.com/products/?productGroupId=145834

LOVING it!