Horn button quite difficult to press

ken_nx

any guys feel the same?
whenever needs this button what i pressed was the turn signal button...

sdrio

It a horrible piece of design. Some of us have replaced the left hand switchgear with a more conventional cluster.

Mine has the switchgear from a YZF R125. Much better.

mt07-3.jpg

Ralph

Horn button position does not bother me at all as I am only likely to press it to test for the MOT test
in 2 years time so it's not going to worry me a lot, but the switch gear in general is very cheap
looking and feeling, much better stuff on the 125 to look at at least.

sdrio

That's a great idea - stock horn position irritates me no end
It's pretty easy to do. I got the parts 2nd hand from Ebay for £16, takes about an hour or two of headscratching and soldering to fit it.

I find It is much better than the standard MT07 cluster to use.

wirld

It's pretty easy to do. I got the parts 2nd hand from Ebay for £16, takes about an hour or two of headscratching and soldering to fit it.

I find It is much better than the standard MT07 cluster to use.
I'll give it a try - although my soldering skills are dire at best!

sdrio

I do it as follows;

- Clean soldering iron. If needed, lightly sand the tip. Let it get properly hot before soldering.
- Strip back about 7 - 10mm of wire on each end of the wires you want to solder.
- Twist them together horizontally. You can do them side by side, but it makes the joint a bit fatter, and you'll need to stuff all this inside the headlamp, room is limited.
- Rest the twisted wire joint on top of the end of the soldering iron, avoiding if you can touching any insulation (which will melt and make a mess)
- Touch the solder on top of the now hot wire, the transferred heat should normally be enough to get it melting. It should hopefully run into and spread through the joined wires.
- Let it cool down, wrap well in insulating tape.

You can also if you want to put some heatshrink over it, but remember to put it on before you start soldering, and keep it well clear of where you're working so it doesn't shrink before you want it to . . . I normally don't bother, it's not actually very effective stuff. Looks tidy though.

Bigtwin

YZR switch conversion

I did the same last summer....Bought YZR switch £15 and then desoldered the wires from both MT and YZR and resoldered YZR cabling to the MT switch. Voila...done. So much more intuitive when you need the horn quickly.

ken_nx

as it relates to safety issue, i think we could urge Yahama to hold a global recall to replace the left switchbox?

Yaminator

Now that sounds like a plan.... Loads suffer with this horn button as it should be closest to the thumb by default..
as it relates to safety issue, i think we could urge Yahama to hold a global recall to replace the left switchbox?

STU3Y

Anyone got a guide to wiring the R125 switchgear. I can do moat stuff when I follow instructions.