If in doubt ask akrapovic

Corsasri

After buying the akrapovic exhaust i read a lot about trimming and drilling the baffle insert, just to make a little more noise. And people where saying you need a fuel controller as your creating less back pressher ect. So i sent akrapovic a question asking for there advise on baffle in and baffle out.
And the reply was this.

Hi Gary,
We are the UK importers for Akrapovic and have been passed your enquiry.
Yes this is fine to run with or without the baffle insert without modifying the fueling.

Many Thanks

Brian
perfparts logo
Brian Passmore
Performance Parts Ltd
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
The Marches
Daventry
Northamptonshire
NN11 4HE

Donut

After buying the akrapovic exhaust i read a lot about trimming and drilling the baffle insert, just to make a little more noise. And people where saying you need a fuel controller as your creating less back pressher ect. So i sent akrapovic a question asking for there advise on baffle in and baffle out.
And the reply was this.

Hi Gary,
We are the UK importers for Akrapovic and have been passed your enquiry.
Yes this is fine to run with or without the baffle insert without modifying the fueling.

-------------------------------

Don't care what they say, the proof is from what the dyno is telling me. I'm sure baffle in is fine, as is baffle cut right down (as mine is), BUT baffle out makes the bike run too lean with the risk of engine damage (at least on mine).

If in any doubt stick it on a dyno and find out for yourself - be cheaper than potentially wrecking your engine.

Here's my dyno chart so you can see for yourself how lean it runs without the baffle - the blue AFR (Air/Fuel ratio) at the bottom is way out.

MT-07 Dyno.jpg.

gregjet

Wahoo...piston melting time!!!!
Dare you to see how long it will run at 8000rpm at constant throttle...

Donut

Wahoo...piston melting time!!!!
Dare you to see how long it will run at 8000rpm at constant throttle...

Did run it like that (without the db killer and hence running very lean) at the TT for a few hundred miles without any apparent ill effects. Now that I know though I won't be doing it again unless I have the fueling sorted.

gregjet

Good thing modern valve materials are tough. Once upon a time the valve faces and seats would be burnt toast even at partial throttles.