Instrument cluster location

vermintrex

Hi guys,

For those of you now in possession of the MT-07 and presumably riding the crap out of it....how are you finding the location of the instrument cluster..primarily from an ergonomic perspective ?

In your chosen riding position, are you able to view the display without significantly inclining you head ?

A few reviews have mentioned that the cluster is not easily viewed by just glancing down, but rather requires a deliberate "look down" by moving your head...in other words...eyes completely off the road.

Has anyone looked under the cluster to see if there is any possibility of moving it forward ?

Just curious...the bike hasn't arrived in NA in it's physical form yet or I'd go to the dealership and bother them about it ; )

thanks

Last edited:

Phil_B

Hi vermintrex, I find it no issue to be honest. I'm 5'10, and don't sit way back in the seat... but yeah, it feels alright for me.

loneranger

not a problem. Its also quite large and bigger than the mT09 version. I find it very nice at night time when illuminated to full brightness. Very cool. Too be honest once you ride the bike for a few hundred miles you get used to the engine revs and don't need to look down to often, For the price its an absolute masterclass in bike technology

Phil_B

Does the brightness make much difference loneranger? I saw it in the manual but haven't fiddled.

roama119

the only thing i have noticed whilst running in the bike, ive been keepin an eye on the revs, is that you do have to look down to see the rev counter. maybe this might have been better across the top of the clocks instead of the bottom but as said above you dont really look at the counter when your bouncing off the limiter lol

DJP

I haven't found an issue with the placement of the clocks.

Anyway, like someone else said, this engine talks to you - you don't need to look at the clocks to know what it's doing!

loneranger

brightness is cool turned up at night I will post a picture 2mrw.

I just bought some mini led fogs also so working out where to fit them