led flashers

loneranger

has anyone upgraded their indicators yet. Ive bought the Yamaha originals. Fitted today and look great. Only issue is the hazards don't work. I realise I need to identify the flasher relay and upgrade to a led relay. Does anyone know where it is? the led indicators all have individual resistors so they work with indicator switch.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

allyw71

Do you really need the hazards, I've always thought them to be a bit of a white elephant on a bike as they need the ignition on to work. If you were to run out of petrol it not as if you would leave the keys in the bike as you trudge off to find a petrol station

loneranger

Very True! Not sure about mot though. Although the bike s new. I think it is probably a simple fix just need to know where the existing relay is. I have emailed Yamaha as they shouldn't really sell a set without making us aware of the additional issue. You getting a MT07?

loneranger

just realised you said you were waiting till june for the bike. Blimey that's a long time. I was lucky a cancelled order for abs came up and I grabbed it. Otherwise I would still be waiting to.

TJ63

Do you really need the hazards, I've always thought them to be a bit of a white elephant on a bike as they need the ignition on to work. If you were to run out of petrol it not as if you would leave the keys in the bike as you trudge off to find a petrol station
The hazard flashers work when the ignition key is in "Park". See page 3-3 of the handbook.

allyw71

You getting a MT07?
The MT won't be for me, its the other half (not better:D) that's waiting impatiently for it.

The hazard flashers work when the ignition key is in "Park". See page 3-3 of the handbook.
I don't have a bike, let alone the owners manual, but that makes more sense. Other bikes that I've read about in the past have only had their hazards work when ignition on.

busey

Lone ranger if the led indicators have resistors the hazards should work as the relay will pick up the resistance of 4 normal indicators and not positive but the hazards and indicators normally use the same relay

loneranger

Def don't work They only flash once and then go off I then have to turn of ignition and then on again to reset main indicators. I have looked on line and they all refer to fitting a led flasher relay which is 4 pin which drives the hazard light circuit. The resistors that came in the Yamaha led pack are designed for that circuit. Shame as obviously if you are changing those then surely the hazard should be considered. Ive looked under the main seat and next to the fuse box there is a redundant 4 pin plug. Not sure what its for? I have left a message with the dealer so hopefully will sort.

I have wired all correctly so I am sure no issue with the way ive wired.

Ive put the bike in P mode and still has same issue.

Thanks for the replies so far. I am sure others will have encountered this issue or will at some stage because the LED blinkers are cool.

loneranger

All sorted thanks to Yamaha. If you guys ever fit a full set for front and rear, the lights come with individual resistors. Make sure you only fit to the rear which can be mounted under pillion seat. The front leds will not need the resistors. So I took these off on front and all is fine now. Thanks to Yamaha for the advise. Learn something new every day. Guess the hazard wiring loom gets affetcted with to many resistors.

Irksome

How much were they - I asked for some but my dealer had no information - do you think its a worthwhile mod?