little update

hi gang.
sorry ive been away for so long but life/work etc have been keeping me very busy.

my mt-07 has changed a bit since you last looked at it so here are the extras ive added since i was last here.

as you know the suspension was lowered by 20mm front and rear by hyperpro and this has made the bike very hard on the brakes and tyres or it could be im too aggressive.
but anyway on to the recent mods.

full mivv exhaust system. look for offers on ebay for this special system as i got it for £350 from italy i just had to wait 4 weeks for it as it was on back order. lovely sound and it is very loud but eu stamps on the end so as long as the baffle is in your fine.
givi hand guards. £79 from ebay and as i work nights these have saved my hands from the rain and cold.
powerbronze high screen £70. had this on the bike a long time now and it is so much better on the motorway at high speed. being a short arse i dont get pushed back or feel the wind anymore.
s-moto radiator guards and cover. £49 from ebay.but now £64 for the kit.

those that were asking about the side stand it is now available on ebay if you have lowered your bike like i have.
http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-Rex-2014-Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Adjustable-Lowered-Side-Kickstand-/291678596658?hash=item43e9662e32

i have also changed the horn to a denali soundblaster and the kit comes with everything you need and i took just 5 minutes to fit it. trust me its loud.

i also have added a viz-tec supabrake 3 light modulator. this is a brilliant piece of kit. very easy to fit and pulses your brake light rapidly to warn blind drivers behind you that you are braking. comes with loads of different pulse patterns built in and one setting for the mot to switch it off so you never need to remove it.
clever thing about it is you can set it to only pulse rapidly once when your coming to a stop so it will flash a few times then stay on fully until you let go of the brake. like i say many settings are programmed into the unit and it is eyecatching.

YAMAHA FZ07, MT07 Smart Brake Light Modulator - Vizi-tec SupaBrake-3 | eBay

i already have my eyes on my next bike ( indian scout ) so until the next time ride safely.

Attachments

Last edited:

addy

I thought the flashing brake lights were illegal here in the uk, someone I met a while back said he got pulled over for it.

sdrio

Begs another question, something I've wondered about.

You can get bicycle lights that flash/ blink, making the cyclist more visible ( in theory). I was thinking it would be a good idea to have one of those as well as my road legal lights, to make me more visible to car drivers when I'm weaving through and around traffic.

Wonder if that's legal, or is it a stupid idea anyway?

addy

bmw released a video last year about integrating this tech into their motorcycles so I wonder what makes these plug and play kits illegal or rather what makes what bmw is doing legal. Maybe just a uk thing them being a problem?

I would love to have this tech fitted on every bike.

[video=youtube;56WTZThaWt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WTZThaWt4[/video]

robodene

Begs another question, something I've wondered about.

You can get bicycle lights that flash/ blink, making the cyclist more visible ( in theory). I was thinking it would be a good idea to have one of those as well as my road legal lights, to make me more visible to car drivers when I'm weaving through and around traffic.

Wonder if that's legal, or is it a stupid idea anyway?
I read that extremely fast flashing -twinkling- might be ok (I do not know) . But I fancy some of those on my jacket. Trouble is, I've not been able to find any.

Eddieh93

I have never seen this on a UK vehicle.

I wouldn't link a flashing brake light to hard braking, but maybe that's just me.

Ralph

They are illegal on UK roads including pedal cycles not that that will bother cyclists as most
think the the law of the road only apples to other road users, but as some vehicles have EU
type approval have them they can be used on UK roads, you cant just fit them to a existing
vehicle as that wont be type approved with them, I saw a Caterham with them and yes they
do get your attention.

it only flashes rapidly for about 3 seconds then stays on fully. you can make it flash for longer but i thought it was long enough so not to upset other road users.
in my opinion it does make people sit up and take notice in traffic as thats when most grab the mobile and are not looking whats in front of them.
i'll take a video on my phone and post it later so you can see what it looks like

Ralph

There like the blue head light thing were they only look blue on the move but white when stopped
there is likely a fine line between dimming and actually flashing, if it goes out it's a flash if it does
not quite go out it may look the same but it would be dimming. More likely depends on what the
cop had for drecky or if he was on good terms with his wife than the letter of the law.

Torque

Blue, what version of the denali soundblaster (or is it the soundbomb) did you buy, and where did you get it from in the UK? Also if you have any more pics of the way you fitted it that would be great as I am thinking of this myself.

yes torque its the soundbomb and i got it off ebay. it comes with all the bits you need. i did find though the leads for the horn where too short so i had to have the horn pointing down.
should also stop road muck and rain getting into it that way. its loud enough to get you noticed.

just disconnect your old horn by removing the two nuts holding it and taking the two connectors off. your get new nut, two metal fitting strips which replace the old ones.
fits in 5 minutes.