Mivv Oval Titanium Fitting Question / Observation

Jonindorset

Hi,

Fitted a MiVV Oval Titanium exhaust last night - not even had the chance to run it up to temperature yet! It all seems to be fitted neatly.

My only concern / observation is that while the bike is on its side stand, the end can (towards its end but before the cap) lightly touches against the swingarm. As soon as you get on the bike, there is lots of clearance between the can and the swingarm.

Is this correct? (has anyone else on here fitted the same system?) Is it likely to present any issues? (when the bike is idling on the stand, cooling down etc?)

Many thanks,

Jon

POG

Ive got a Mivv oval carbon, i had the same issue with clearance, it started out ok but gradually moved closer to the swing arm. I tried rebuilding/repositioning it several times with not much success.
i ended up putting washers in-between the spacer tube and the mounting bracket, 5 or 6 i think. this gave me roughly 12mm gap between the silencer and the swing arm, i did this 3,000 miles ago and have had no problems since i modified it.
IMG_3143.jpg

Jonindorset

That's very helpful! Was starting to think about spacers but hadn't thought about putting them behind the bracket and that looks perfect.

Jonindorset

I've now achieved a similar fix to you, not quite 12mm but still a gap at all times :)
I've got the baffle and DB killer in and its just the right amount of rumble for me I think!