Mt-07 222km/h + night riding in Portugal

Ralph

That's tramping on a bit 222 km = 137 mph even if going off how fast my speedo
is it would be a true 132 and it gets there pretty quick.

Torque

<rant>
Would have been a great video if you were on the racetrack :mad:

I know I'm a grumpy gills but you've really got to take more care of yourself and others. Riding like that on a public road is just asking for grief. See we bitch about drivers switching lanes in front of us, but in that situation a driver will have no appreciation for just exactly how fast you're approaching them at night with only a single headlight in their mirror as a visual clue.

Everyone is at risk here but it will be the biker that ends up as road kill. It doesn't promote good will from other drivers and tbh it should work both ways.
</rant>

Yaminator

he's changed the gearing, he must have to keep up with all he's superbike buddies.. ;)
That's tramping on a bit 222 km = 137 mph even if going off how fast my speedo
is it would be a true 132 and it gets there pretty quick.

Scim77

I agree with Torque. This kind of riding is what gives bikers a bad reputation. Public roads require continuously high observational skills, optimal road positioning, restraint, courtesy and always safety first. Riding in trainers and jeans is shear folly. Granted, these young guys might have the skills and certainly the bravado of youth. Lets hope they survive to be grumpy old men.

Simoncrp

PeaceMaker, how on earth did you manage that speed without a screen? I was travelling at 80mph last week on the M4 and I don't have a screen. Any faster and I would have blown of the back of the bike!! I went over a bump and when I landed back on my seat, I ended up on the pillion seat. The wind resistance is crazy. I was riding with a mate who was on a Honda Pan European. He hit 120 and looked as comfortable as a guy sitting in his car. He couldn't feel a thing with all his fairings.

Scim77

...got similar reading on an Autobahn, but GPS shows 205km/h :)
I have also checked my speedo readings by sat nav and other methods and it seems to consistently read 10% fast, which is fairly typical of many cars and bikes.

Ralph

I have also checked my speedo readings by sat nav and other methods and it seems to consistently read 10% fast, which is fairly typical of many cars and bikes.
Oddly mine is about 3/4 mph out up to any speed I have taken it though not had it that fast,
My last bike a Suzuki was about 10% fast it was only about 3 mph out at 30 but near 10 out
at 100 at 100 the MT is only about 4 mph out.

sash

Its always easy to judge others, but then who is free of guilt?
When i was young and wild we had no digital cameras so we left no (or little) evidence of our 'always controlled and mature' fun rides.....
And growing up in germany with plenty of autobahns with no speed limits, it was easy to get your topspeed rush and to learn the ins and outs
of your bike when you are going faster than 240 and need to break etc etc....- without the need to book track days.... Now that i live in australia the only legal way is very very expensive
and i do feel sorry for all the guys that grow up here with only straight roads (talking western australia) and only 2 racetracks available within
a few 1000km radius.....