MT-07 FZ-07 Stock ECU, Akra Titanium Exhaust Dillema

TurbHOe

Hey, guys, I am new over here. Umm.. I am planing on buying a night-fluo MT-07 and I did some technical readings about the bike just so when I get it, I will be able to do the upgrades necessary.

I've got 2 questions in this thread for you:

1. Is the stock ECU properly tuned? I head or read somewhere that the stock ECU is running lean on low end revs and rich on high end revs. I know that Yamaha spend a lot researching everything and I doubt that there are big deviations from optimal tuning, but still..

2. Is it right that I won't have to do an ECU flash if I get the Akra Titanium? I herd that this exhaust is just right for the bike. They even sell it on the official Yamaha website. It's the only exhaust sold there so I think that it might not need ECU flash.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Donut

Hey, guys, I am new over here. Umm.. I am planing on buying a night-fluo MT-07 and I did some technical readings about the bike just so when I get it, I will be able to do the upgrades necessary.

I've got 2 questions in this thread for you:

1. Is the stock ECU properly tuned? I head or read somewhere that the stock ECU is running lean on low end revs and rich on high end revs. I know that Yamaha spend a lot researching everything and I doubt that there are big deviations from optimal tuning, but still..

2. Is it right that I won't have to do an ECU flash if I get the Akra Titanium? I herd that this exhaust is just right for the bike. They even sell it on the official Yamaha website. It's the only exhaust sold there so I think that it might not need ECU flash.

Thanks in advance for your help!
1. Stock should be perfectly fine.

2. Akra Titanium with baffle in (or with a cut down baffle) should also be fine.

2a. Akra Titanium with the baffle out may be too lean and worth checking by getting a dyno/fueling run.

At least that's what it's like on my bike and I'm getting the ECU flashed at the end of the month so that I can run without the baffle.

And welcome to the joys of MT07 ownership and to the forum.