MT 07 Rear carrier rack

Phil_B

Loneranger, luggage racks are always a bit big - I passed up an er-6 that had one which meant the grip rails were gone. If you definitely want a topbox though get one.

Would soft tailbags or a rucksack do otherwise? Or does it need to be secure?

loneranger

Hi Mate Looked at the soft bag panniers. Not ideal as I need somewhere to store my helmet basically when parked up in London. Im not so worried about when I have the box on for communting, its when I take the box off and concerned about what an empty rack looks like for when I am social riding etc.

The soft panniers / tail bags are alright if you want to carry your sandwiches LOL

I was looking for a pic of the MT07 with just an empty rear carrier on show.

ashe2cool

That is a quality set up on that grey bike Ashe. It's the screen I have asked my dealer for and it should be this one:

Sport Screen MT-07 - Genuine options - 1WS-F83J0-00-00 - Yamaha Motor UK

You need some extra mounts for it too:

Sport Screen Stays MT-07 - Genuine options - 1WS-F83J0-10-00 - Yamaha Motor UK

What's great though is that the existing holes are there, so no drilling or cutting!

Hei Phil_B!

I'll be mounting this on my Racing Red:

Fly Screen MT-07 - Genuine options - 1WS-261C0-00-00 - Yamaha Motor UK

Looks a bit more integrated on the motorcycle

busey

Looks good can you put a pic showing the cut to the plastics my rack in dealers to be fitted on first service

loneranger

cuts are crap. Believe me! I will have to probably get some black rubber surrounds or something to cover the gaps.

busey

Yes they need something paid for my rack or might have been tempted to look at different storage options

bones

Hi all

Absolutely loving this bike :eek: havent stopped grinning since i got it 4wks ago !!

Ive purchased the rear carrier and scared to cut the holes :( in my lovely new bike !!!

great pics loneranger could you please put one on of a direct side veiw mate and one from above with the seat off please

The instructions are pants

bones

sorry as soon as i posted the above message up popped the pictures from above

looks better than i pictured

any chance of a side veiw though to make sure its the look i want ?

amavro

Rear rack is practical and I did put one of mine but now I had order replacement cowls to remove it because it doesn't looks nice as stock and I hate the holes .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

Think it's stupid Yamaha doesnt provide pre-cut cowls that comes w. the rack.

D

Deleted member 20

Loneranger, is that some kind of alarm sensor and horn sitting under your seat?

loneranger

yes mate. Its the meta cat 1 alarm unit and the rear seat has a contact unit which triggers alarm if tampered