MT-07 Recalls and Service bulletins

DeadHead

Just had mine done and the tech guy said it wasn't that the cable was to short but to long and they weren't happy with the routing.
I can't confirm this as I never checked before I took the bike in. Either way mine looks the same now as it does in the picture posted before by another member

brianj

Hi Gaz,Arnolds of Burton ,appointment was for Tuesday 11th. but I have had to cancel it . As it is such a small job I was surprised they couldn't fit the job in earlier.Interestingly the cable run on my bike is like picture provided by Viking Regards Brian j

goloso_b

I've just had the cable replaced. I had a chat with the dealer while working on it and he thought it all comes from lousy mounting by some dealers and not from defects in the parts themselves. Somebody has been mounting the red cable OVER the metal bracket instead of tucking it in neatly around the battery.

towner87

Got mine done Friday at Cresent Bournmouth. Thought I would get a paper whilst I waited so walked to the shop, the bike was ready when I returned. 10 minute job. Above comment says it all really. Even if the dealer wires it under the bracket they have to use the supplied replacement cable as a Precaution and to keep Yamaha happy. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ63

If you keep track of your mileage, remember to read the trip before they do the job (like I didn’t :-()

Ralph

Mine was done today about 20 min of a job, even gave me a new page to stick in the owners book over the old page
showing the new routing.

Gaz2212

Had mine done yesterday, asked what the problem was and they said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the cable but where it is routed, because of where the cable is a customer could potentially disconnect the cable from the battery and reroute it over the top of the metal bracket that holds the seat, when you reinstall the seat this would then trap the main battery cable.
Obviously just a recall for dummies who would put the cable in this place

Ralph

This is what mine looks like now, much neater and if you look at the second pick
that shows it as was the bracket over the battery as also been changed it's a
slightly different shape.

and how it was

Ralph

If it's a burning smell it might but if you are getting a burning smell I would suggest
you take the riders seat off and have a look at the big red lead see if it's been rubbing.

rappetor

Don't mean the funny 'new motorcycle smell'? Because they always smell a bit weird in the beginning :) If it is the big red lead you are smelling, it sure takes a long time before your motorcycle is on fire :)

spoonflames

Sounds like a burned rubbery smell. Bike is used with 2400 miles i recently obtained it. Will check under seat and the recall site :) thanks

sdrio

Sounds like a burned rubbery smell. Bike is used with 2400 miles i recently obtained it. Will check under seat and the recall site :) thanks
Check around the downpipes. They're about the only external part that gets hot enough to burn anything. Maybe you picked up a stray carrier bag or something on a ride, or something came loose and is slowly frying itself.

If they're clean and it persists, it would be wise to take it to the dealer for a check-over. The bike should definitely not be giving off a burning rubber smell after 2,000+ miles, under normal use.

spoonflames

Mine is on the recall list. I'm going to book it in now and have them check over everything else too because of the smell. Thanks all

Phil_B

Had mine done now. Asked them to check over all the tolerances and slacks on things too. He put quite a bit of slack back into my clutch as their version of free play is more than I was expecting!!

tw586

I got my notice on friday from Yamaha australia, didn't think any aussie bikes were effected