MT-07 riding

Phil_B

Glad to see lots of people starting to get their bikes come through. How are you getting on with them?

580 miles in and I love mine; great fun to ride and a seriously punchy engine for the size (confirmed by a fellow rider who rides much bigger bikes). My general riding confidence on it has improved a lot (as a fairly new rider) and its great for commuting/filtering and fun weekend rides. Overtaking is a breeze though I can't wait to get the the first service done next week and 1000miles done so I can stop short shifting. 5th gear is superbly flexible for flowing B Roads.

The windblast isn't too bad up to 70-80 on dual carriageway.

Comfort is great, and the handling is fairly quick and nimble but stable.

Economy is indicated at 65mpg for me still on super unleaded.

The only thing I have found harder than the BMW I learned on is slow speed riding like U turns, as it wants to drop in quicker. I'm sure with a bit of practice that will become normal.

How are others getting on?

Last edited:

loneranger

Mine has been great fun being my first bike. Looks fantastic in deep armour. I find it very easy to ride and really light so commuting in London is confortable. I took it on a 150 mile run today around box hill, brighton, Worthing and back to London. It was superb on the windy roads.

Only problem I have is the wind noise from the front section which makes an annoying gargling type noise which is evident between 30-40 mph after which the wind noise around my ears drowns any thing. Also I got a clunking noise from front end when suspension is tested on dodgy roads. Yamaha said it was the floating disc bolts. Its in for a service next week. Done 550 miles now. Will ask them for a test ride on their demo as I don't remember that doing what mine is.

The chain has stretched twice already so keep it well lubricated guys!

If I can get the noise/clunk sorted then 5 star rating *****

Anthony

Up to 900 miles now. Had a couple of days out getting 170 miles done in a day.
Loving the bike, its just built for fun, commuting to work is fun and on the way home, I normally go the longest and twisty way back.

My wife is quite happy on the back, with the topbox and backrest, she told me she had a nap on the back today.

When I took my bike for my first service, I got a Honda CB500X for the day, costs the same amount, for commuting it would be a much better bike due to the protection, but its just so dull. Jumped back on my MT and instant smile on my face.

I'm going to get a scottoiler fitter, and I'm hoping the sports screen will give me enough to hug the tank and get out of the wind for the longer rides.

mrirvs

Racked up about 400 miles now and got a chance to swap over to my mates Z800 for an hour or so.

I'd forgotten how much I dislike the revvy nature of 4 cylinder bikes. Besides that the MT feels so light, agile and manageable in comparison.

I am so loving this bike for the way it goes, smooth and gutsy with that lazy long stroke feel it JUST FEELS SO GOOD. It's even been fun running it in just have to remember to short shift it before I get carried away.

Handling I still feel is great nice and planted and stable but a little choppy on bad surfaces.

The only disappointment is with Yamaha themselves not getting the accessories that people want out ready to buy with their new bikes. I so want a screen just to keep the flies off and of course a tail tidy to mount my 'show' plate on.

I just can't wait to get it run in fully though just so I can ride it like I did the demo bike :D