MT-07 shortage and LCD display color

Crypto

Hey everyone!

I've seen a couple of videos of the MT-07 where the backlight on the display appears to be yellow instead of blue. Like here.
Didn't manage to find any info regarding the backlight so are they all actually blue or do some of the MT's, like the 2015 race blue one in the video, come with yellow backlight?

I may finally get my MT next week and according to the dealership, the matt grey I was looking to get is pretty much impossible to find at the moment. The only bike they have left is a race blu one and since I don't wanna go without a bike for another 2+ months I've decided to get that one instead. I called another dealership just to verify that the MT-07 is pretty much sold out everywhere, except for a few yellow and race blu ones, and it seems like this is really the case. Noone seems to know when or even if they will get any more bikes from Yamaha this year.

Does anyone have any info on this? Ships fully loaded with MT-07's from Japan on the way? :p

Hammerian

My local dealer reckons Septembet/October before any more are available....

Popular bikes...along with the MT09 Tracer thats the same problem none around ...

Ham

craigieboy

I would say the backlight colour is Whiteish/Blue. The video is maybe just a funny daylight and camera not picking it up correct.

Crypto

The video is maybe just a funny daylight and camera not picking it up correct.
That's what I was hoping for. Didn't make sense for them to make displays with different backlights. Especially not to put yellow backlight on a race BLU mt :rolleyes:

Ralph

Think there all the same colour but you can turn the brightness up n down.
Last time I was in Raceways at Fleetwood they had a few in.

Crypto

I have a 2015 Race Blu and mine is white/blueish.
And today, I got my 2015 Race Blu. Been waiting for so long, lurking these forums for almost a year and watching Youtube-videos of 07's almost everyday. Finally.

Praise Odin!!!

Eddieh93

when did you order it Crypto?

I was quite lucky they had literally just taken delivery of mine before I went in there and asked for one haha RESULT.

You will love it Crypto it is so much fun have you got any mod plans for it yet?

Crypto

when did you order it Crypto?

I was quite lucky they had literally just taken delivery of mine before I went in there and asked for one haha RESULT.

You will love it Crypto it is so much fun have you got any mod plans for it yet?
Hey Eddieh. I didn't order it. Just walked in and got it. I'm pretty sure they'd had it for a month, which at first got me wondering why. I was so sure any 07's would go almost as fast as they got them. I had preordered a grey one though but since it's unlikely to arrive anytime soon I got the race blu instead. Actually starting to love how it looks. The first time Yamaha posted pictures of the 2015 Race Blu I thought to myself "Never....ever...". But I was wrong :)

I had ordered shorty levers, the silver ones with red adjusters, and got them today. Now that I own a race blu instead of grey MT, I'm ordering new ones and sending these to a friend who does have a grey one. No other mod plans than shorty levers and RAM mount yet.

Eddieh93

Oh I see nice good effort I think the Race Blu is the best colour scheme but that's personal opinion, I was going to get the 2014 colour scheme but saw the 15 and fell in love all over again.