New IXIL SUPER XTREME SX1 Exhaust

Torque

Just thought it was worth posting this link for yet another new IXIL exhaust for the MT-07 about to hit the market, especially for anyone still deciding which aftermarket system to get. I can only find it on the IXIL USA site at the moment but I'm sure it will hit Europe soon as it does appear to be E-marked.

I've just ordered an SC Project but I think this new IXIL system looks kind of funky - I quite like it (but I think I still like the SC Project more).

Link: IXIL USA. The link contains more pictures, particularly some close ups.

fz07_sx1_1__43673_1421413242_1280_1280.jpg

fz07_sx1__00721_1421413247_1280_1280.jpg

Last edited:

CVSensei

Isn't that an interesting looking pipe.. Will be very interested to hear the sound of it. I have a sneaky suspicion it sounds horrendous.. In a good way ;)

It's growing on me the longer i stare at it.. Anyone have thoughts on how IXIL exhausts in general compare to the Akra or are each of the MT models very different?

Last edited:

CVSensei

At first i cringed at it.. But its looking more and more appealing, not sure why. Slightly aggresive looking which suits the 07 I think.

Torque

At first i cringed at it.. But its looking more and more appealing, not sure why. Slightly aggresive looking which suits the 07 I think.
Agreed, that's why I posted it. It's utilitarian-looking (is that even a word), but at the same time there's something about it that suits the MT-07 funky looks. I think the 'marmite' factor definitely comes into play with this bike and the various accessories available.

CVSensei

Hahaha agreed 100% mate. Have sent IXIL an email asking about release date. The 450 quid price tag is looking very tempting as well. Can't believe it but this is now one of my top 3 possibles..

Torque

Hahaha agreed 100% mate. Have sent IXIL an email asking about release date. The 450 quid price tag is looking very tempting as well. Can't believe it but this is now one of my top 3 possibles..
Yeah I was nearly tempted to cancel my SC Project order. BUT... the only bit I really don't like is the cheap-looking carbon fibre thing they decided to screw to the front of it.

SX1-1__43603_1419190077_1280_1280.jpg

CVSensei

Is it not detachable? Looks like it could be from these pictures.. I personally quite like that part.. Wouldn't buy it without it but i guess that's where the marmite comes into play ;)

balki

Looks bigger than the stock box :eek: Side on is quirky but that box is way to big -prolly be quiet, cant see any other reason for that size

CVSensei

Yeah I've definitely gone off this one again.. However anyone who is interested, I just got a reply back from IXIL saying it's expected to hit European markets in late April :)