New MT 07 launched

Nuggets

Screen on the moto cage looks good! it mirrors the lines on the bike, the rest of it looks a little too busy for my taste, i'm not a fan of the red on top of the scoops, looks like no mechanical changes (except exhaust).

jeppebm

Im going to sound old - but thats a bit on the far side of sciencefiction racing :D a bit too many colors all over the place. And whats with the "message" of displaying it with mounted Akra on - and some pics without.

roama119

i agree with jeppebm, tone down some of the red, give it a black front wheel would look well, looks like a 10 year old has chosen the colour scheme. i like the yellow one but i dont think the new race blue colour works as well as the old one.

goloso_b

The yellow scheme is the one I would have chosen had it been available. I checked with my dealer and changing plastics should be around 250€

Marcus

I would quite like the handguards if they came in matt black. Will be interesting to see if individual parts of this bike will be available for purchase.

D

Deleted member 20

The Moto Cage is so utterly pointless that it's not even worth the effort commenting. The brain (?) behind the this silly version should be placed in a Cage, locked up, then having the key thrown away. For good.

The yellow MT is... yellow, not my favourite colour but a Yamaha-classic.
They've seem to lost the red for 2015, i liked that colour.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzor

The Moto Cage is so utterly pointless that it's not even worth the effort commenting. The brain (?) behind the this silly version should be placed in a Cage, locked up, then having the key thrown away. For good.

The yellow MT is... yellow, not my favourite colour but a Yamaha-classic.
They've seem to lost the red for 2015, i liked that colour.
So Anders, old chap..... You're not keen on the moto cage version then?

Ha ha, I must say, it is a bit garish for my liking.

blueglue

gah its looks weird!

I thought i was going to be jealous as the MT-09 street rally looks cool but this just doesn't work.
Each to their own though i suppose. I get grief for owning an MT-07 by the sports bike fanboys anyway but i love the bike (just wish it was six inches higher for my frame)

D

Deleted member 20

Hope Yam has something more to present during Intermot or Eicma. Some new plastic for MT07 and the 20+ year old XJR -- making it worse? I was hoping for a new TDM based on the MT09. BMW for example released all new R1200R, R1200RS and S1000RR, all class leading bikes that looks and drives beautifully.

Poor Yam.

da1kini

Well its not 100% but I like the effort and for that I give Yamaha credits. I mean, everything looks more or less the same in the naked bike category. And with MT07 they try something new and innovative. I watched the video and pictures over and over and every time I find something I like more and more than the first time.

I remember watching pictures of the MT07 when trying to decide what bike to buy. I didn't like it very much at the beginning, I thought MT09 was way cooler. Now its the other way around.

I would like to see it in real life - and also I would like to find out if there is some way the parts will fit all MT07- for example I really like the belly pan on the cage model. I also like the bright red rims. I also like the hand guards. :)

cosmikdebriis

Well I'd have preferred it with a suspension upgrade rather than different coloured bits of plastic.

There are a few areas with room for improvement on the MT and I'd suggest Yamaha should pay more attention to them if they don't want to loose sales.

I don't think the price hike has helped much especially as the competition continues to reduce their prices. The MT is no longer quite the bargain it was when I bought mine.

And just noticed some small print...

The MT-07 Moto Cage is a special edition built up by an official Yamaha dealer with genuine Yamaha parts. The standard specification of the MT07 Moto Cage does not include the Akrapovic exhaust, licence plate holder and LED flashers as shown in the video and images

Last edited: