NEW MT07 on order

loneranger

Hello all MT07 fanatics.

I ordered my new machine 2 weeks ago in Deep Armour. I changed my mind as originally I was looking at the MT09 but after riding it on 3 demo runs I found it crazy to ride in A and std mode and felt I was really wasting my money as I have only recently passed my full test. The MT07 was a much nicer bike to ride and throttle control was excellent. Hope I made the right choice?

Order it with heated grips and a cat 1 alarm.

Will probably add screen, luggage rack, and a lower cowl when I get it.

What do you think?

Phil_B

It was certainly my favourite colour so I think you've made a good choice. I haven't been riding too long either and felt the MT-07, SV650 size bikes are more manageable. Many reviews of the 09 have called it snatchy/fierce.

There are no extras on mine at the moment as Yamaha hadn't released them.

But I'm having the sport screen fitted when it is available. And possibly some paddock stand bobbins and the sliders and engine cases.

I would be interested in your view on the heated grips when you get your bike.

loneranger

Well the good news is the dealer had a deep armour delivered on Thursday with ABS. So by chance the buyer cancelled their order so I have decided to buy it by upgrading to the ABS version. Means I will have it by next week. I will take some pics of the grips etc and leave some feedback. I've gone for the oxford sports grips which are a bit fatter than the original Yamaha which suits me better. £70 quid fitted with the bike. Alarm also essential!

Just paid extra for the Yamaha rear carrier and 39l box. £220 quid!! ouch. Had to have that for commuting purposes. This way don't need that ugly mounting plate. The box comes with the same barrel as the ignition also.

Going to add a fly screen< lower cowl, rad cover and crash protecters whenever they come out.

Any one recommend a rad cover or crash protectors. Only seen on jesterbits.co.uk so far but did not like the look of the rad cover.

Phil_B

I would definitely appreciate your thoughts on the grips mate. Likewise, when I get the Yamaha sport screen on I'll let you know the difference it makes if you're commuting.

For crash protectors etc, the official Yamaha ones are now on the Yam website: MT-07 2014 Accessories - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor UK

I'm think of going for the Axle protectors and side sliders for the crankcases. I am also on the lookout for a radiator cover

P

Peter

Hi All,

I'm Peter from Hungary. I think I will be the first (or one of the first) owner of an MT-07 here. I've ordered her 2 weeks ago and will be shipped in the first days of April. I was lucky with my dealer because he could find an ABS version somewhere in Europe (a cancelled order?) and reserved for me. Other customers are served in June.
Deep Armour with ABS. I had no chance to order extras. No catalogue and no prices yet.
Still two weeks...

(Sorry for my English, I'm not native)

roama119

Greetings to all, I have also ordered an abs version in race blue, coming back to biking after about 19 years off.
I test rode this bike three weeks ago and loved it. after a bit of a wobbly start got used to the bike and gained in confidence really quickly.
I did about forty miles on the test and didnt want to give it back lol
Ive been told that the abs bikes are due into yamaha uk this thursday so should be middle of next week before i get it. cant wait.