Original side bags

Jarod

Hi, sorry for my english I'm not english speaker.

Has anyone of you guys got original side bags from yamaha?
I didn't saw them anywhere. I heard once that it is very easy in use.
Do you have any photos with bags on and off to see how it looks on the bike?
Are those racks removable? My usage of them will be occasional so i don't want them all the time on bike.
Is it worth spending so much money for them or just buy some aftermarket stuff?

wirld

This may not be helpful - but I didn't want to spend the extra on the Yamaha saddlebags so I bought a set of (far) cheaper Givi ones.
It does look as if I'm going to need the Yamaha side rails though, so the saving may not be as great as I thought initially: Update: I built my own support for the saddlebags instead.
re the racks: the poles are easily removable form what I can see, leaving only the bracket which is attached where the passenger footpegs attach.

Last edited:

Fruppzor

I have the original Yamaha side bags but I have not installed them on my bike yet.
It looks like the mounting brackets are to be installed between the passenger foot pegs and the frame and then the side bags just slides on with quick releases. Witch should make the bracket well hidden when the bags are not on.
If I have some time to spare I can install them and post some photos maybe this weekend :)

Gee

Kev Stanley has a set and sure he said they aint that big.

Have you looked at the Shad ones. Perfect for occasional use.

Failing that go Kriega.

Hustler

Hi, sorry for my english I'm not english speaker.

Has anyone of you guys got original side bags from yamaha?
I didn't saw them anywhere. I heard once that it is very easy in use.
Do you have any photos with bags on and off to see how it looks on the bike?
Are those racks removable? My usage of them will be occasional so i don't want them all the time on bike.
Is it worth spending so much money for them or just buy some aftermarket stuff?
Bit of a late reply I'm afraid.
I've got them, have toured with them and like them.
Racks are easily removable.
No photographs sorry.

Fruppzor

Installed the side bags today!
Must say that the brackets are very slim and has great fit and finish. Im very happy :D
DSC_1602.jpgDSC_1601.jpgDSC_1606.jpgDSC_1604.jpg

addy

I do like how the bags look on the bike and especially the removable brackets but I wonder how comfortable it would be for a passenger with those straps over the seat.

Cliques

Just signed up as saw this question;
I rented an MT-07 this weekend to go on 2hr or so drive between London and Bath with my GF.
I am pretty new to biking and my gf has never really been a pillion much so bear that in mind.

She did not like being a pillion on the MT-07, saying the foot pegs were not in a comfortable spot and her hands could not reach the fuel tank in front of me to put her hands on it properly. However, the saddle bags did not seem to interfere with the seating position/comfort.

Interestingly, the cord buckle that connects the soft bags to the mount on the bike snapped / was cut through at some point of the journey! we picked up a screw in the tyre so probably lost some seat hight / tire pressure for awhile but i still don't see how this could have caused this buckle to be spliced!

mertez

Fruppzo thanks for the pics!

I am just wondering if you were having any troubles with the short plate holder and light signals?

Fruppzor

The bags did rest against the turn signals. I didn’t realize this when I took the pictures but saw it later on.
Now however I have mini turn signals on the bike and it works fine.