Paddock stand spools, axel sliders etc

amavro

Looks nice what make is the paddock and rear crash guards ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

Rear spools on link below at 12,45 Euro

Swing Arm Protectors ConStands Alu 8mm Ducati/Honda/Suzuki black

Front axis sliders is some old Valter Moto's I had lying around in the garage.

The axis is the tricky part, rear hole size left side 7 mm and right side 12,x mm.
I took a M6 stainless steel rod and made bushnings of nylon, tape etc to taper the axis for secure fit.
Stainless dome nut on right hand side, permanently secured with x-strong locktite.
Slide in axis from right to left.
Stainless lock nut on left hand side.

Excellent for cleaning and lubricating chain, but you need to remove it to tension the chain.

Please Yamaha, WHY isn't a paddock spool fitting threads standard on ALL bikes swingarms ???

Similar procedure on front axis, but M8 rod and tapered hole 9 mm left side and some 12 ? mm on right.

Last edited by a moderator:

bones

be careful with the R and G spools paid for them six weeks ago , told they were in stock finaliy got it all last week after many many phone calls and bull..t
they have made a major mistake with manufacture of the mt 07 rear spools, you cannot get any form of socket on the 13mm nut side !!!! making them impossible to install , they are having to remanufacture which will take weeks and weeks apparently , but still happily selling without telling anyone .....
To be honest even if they could be fitted the rear spools looked pants on the bike

D

Deleted member 20

Rear installation revised :)

The M6 axis wasn't strong enough, too much longitudal flex resulting in wear of threads on axis when doing/unding the lock nut multiple times.

Now I have used a M8 thread tap for the left hand side and using a standard M8 allen bold with medium lock-tite. It was a very simple job, the hole was 7 mm to start with, ideally it should have been 6.8 mm but 7 is good enough.

For the right hand side i used a M8 bolt and a rubber expander as per drawing. Fitting seem to be very secure.

View attachment 242

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 20

How do you adjust the chain (ie slacken the axle nut) with these spools on?
I don't, I only use spools and paddock stant to service or clean bike/chain, and lubing the same.

Left side spool need to be removed to adjust chain and/or remove wheel, right side spool never need to be removed.
Left side spool is quick to remove now when it's M8 direct into axel, medium lock-tite is easy to unbreak and re-apply.

Ideally spools would be swing mounted, but that requires welding an eylet into it or some other method.

Yam original billet adjusters with spool thread cant be used replacing wheel either (?)