Parkakariki Hill Road - MT07

RAYDEO

Nice day for a mid summer ride here in NZ, so I thought I'd chuck the Gopro on as well.
I ended up going up a road on the west coast of the lower north island called Paekakariki hill road.

Check it out.
Love to hear your thoughts.

[video=youtube_share;omDLbbiVKzc]http://youtu.be/omDLbbiVKzc[/video]

jeppebm

Love that you guys post videoes of small drives! - But you need to ask the guy from portugal that just uploaded one yesterday, for tips on how to get the most of your gopro - now that youtube allows for 60fps without all the codec re-incoding and shit .. just through an unedited clip like this up in its prime quality! :D

Regarding the drive i gotta ask - did you stop to take in the view along the ride?

RAYDEO

Love that you guys post videoes of small drives! - But you need to ask the guy from portugal that just uploaded one yesterday, for tips on how to get the most of your gopro - now that youtube allows for 60fps without all the codec re-incoding and shit .. just through an unedited clip like this up in its prime quality! :D

Regarding the drive i gotta ask - did you stop to take in the view along the ride?

All my video is recorded at 1080p and 120fps, however I only upload at 720p to save upload time.
You see living in NZ has its up sides and its down sides, one of the down sides being because we are at the bottom of the earth, Internet is rather expensive and upload and download speeds are nothing compared to the rest of the world, even Australia.

To give you an idea, the video above I uploaded tonight, it took around 5 hours to upload to YouTube.

That said, I completly agree, and thanks for the feed back, I'll keepmit in mind when doing future videos.

As for the ride, I only live 5 minutes away, so have plenty of pictures of the view from the top, the road is a popular motorcycle road also.

image.jpg

jeppebm

Wauw - compared to my everyday scenarie that is a pretty sight! :D - pack a backpack of goodies, maybe a cola and a snack - some music! - i would ride for a view like that to kickback an hour or two and then head back to the roads!...

Here in Denmark i dont get any elevation, so thats something for the "TO DO LIST" :D

nobull

OK,what are the immigration requirements ??!! That's an amazing road, no traffic, wow! Nice fun but safe riding, wish I wasn't still waiting for mine, at least its winter with no bike though! If I could make one comment though, wider entry into corners (racing line) gives a better view of road ahead and a smoother line (or faster,depending on your opinion!). Easy to say from my sofa:D .Nice vid, nice road, nice one!

RAYDEO

OK,what are the immigration requirements ??!! That's an amazing road, no traffic, wow! Nice fun but safe riding, wish I wasn't still waiting for mine, at least its winter with no bike though! If I could make one comment though, wider entry into corners (racing line) gives a better view of road ahead and a smoother line (or faster,depending on your opinion!). Easy to say from my sofa:D .Nice vid, nice road, nice one!

Feedback on my riding is always welcomed as I'm originally a dirt bike rider so my main strategy is point in the general direction I want to go and wind on the power...

If you want to see more of NZ roads check out my other YouTube videos

Mike B

Hi,
That is a good road, never done it on a bike but plenty of times in 4x4 whilst doing survey work in the Lower North Island.
Have you found a good location to mount your GoPro? and the exhaust note sounds better than mine - have you done a Mod?

RAYDEO

Hi,
That is a good road, never done it on a bike but plenty of times in 4x4 whilst doing survey work in the Lower North Island.
Have you found a good location to mount your GoPro? and the exhaust note sounds better than mine - have you done a Mod?

Camera is fitted directly on the headstock just in front of the key. And the bike is completly factory.

Where a outs are you based?