Price in Portugai raises 400€

FMraposo

Hi guys

Price in portugal raises 400€

i've heard that bikes arriving to dealer's from August the price gonna raise 400€.
It's a yamaha decision.
In Portugal there has been some delay in the delivery of bikes, i don't understand why yamaha can not deliver with more accuracy the bikes, they don't have a date to delivery them, i have to wait 2 or 3 months to have the bike, and i don't have much people in front of me in the reservation list.

Anyway just a warning to Portugal, prices will increase.

ride safe

FMraposo

is confirmed
I spoke with 3 dealer's and I will send an email to yamaha.
I'm just waiting for official confirmation.

cosmikdebriis

When I bought my bike (UK) I was told by the dealer that they had been told it was an "introductory" price although they had no idea of if and when and how much the price might rise.

Of course this could have just been sales patter to get me to buy the bike there and then... Except they told me that after I'd already ordered it.

I guess only time will tell but perhaps the price reduction of the ER6 range will make Yamaha think twice.

Simon

Just collected my bike fresh from the June shipment. I was told by the dealer that the next UK boat load isn't until October! Not sure if this is true, it was hard enough waiting for 2 sunny months, but missing the while summer waiting!!

Crypto

Seems there's been a substantial price hike. Here in Sweden all the dealers now list the MT-07 at 64900 SEK instead of 60900. That's a 430 euro increase. Wow...

sdrio

No big surprise. They're selling them as fast as they can make them, and getting showered with awards.

Simple economics - high demand = higher prices.

Crypto

Sure, but for someone weighing the options and suddenly seeing the price go up by 400+ euros just like that, they may not go for the MT-07. This year MT-07 was pretty much unchallenged. That might change in 2015.

sdrio

Sure, but for someone weighing the options and suddenly seeing the price go up by 400+ euros just like that, they may not go for the MT-07. This year MT-07 was pretty much unchallenged. That might change in 2015.
That's pretty much how it works though. If they've got 110 people wanting to buy 100 bikes, they're not so worried of 10 of them go somewhere else.

It's interesting to watch. Prices and production decisions are never made by marketing and sales people, they're made by economists.