price of first service

badger27

just wondering how much the first service is going to be

whats the average price . who got the best price .

and how do you rate your local dealer?

badger the frugal :cool:;)

busey

Paid £30-23 for mine JTs in Swansea fitted my rack at the same time fitter said he never wants to fit another rack done a good job of cutting the rear plastics very happy with the service I received

Anthony

If you take it back to the dealer you bought it from, You will only have to pay for the Oil, Filter and Washer. The labour is covered by Yamaha in the sale of the bike.

badger27

that's what cmc are doing 40-50 pounds which seems a fair bit for 4 litres s of oil and a washer and filter . do they torque the head or check the valves at 600 miles?

timo

Had mine done at my dealer phoenix motorcycles trowbridge wiltshire good people to deal with.
2.6 litres of yamlube engine oil £16.25.
5-gh yamaha oil filter £9.74.
sump washer £1.70.
consumables £2.
labour free.

total £29.69 + vat.

DJP

Can't remember the exact figure, but mine was about £30.

They fitted my rack for free at the same time, too.

P

Peter

I have a serious problem with the first service.

At first the price will be around £70. I found it too much.

But the second is that I asked them about the fuel system synchronization. It is written in the manual. And the told me carb sync not needed in a modern fuel injected bikes. It means (in my interpretation) they don't know anything about the MT-07. Moreover they have never adjusted idle system in EFI bikes. In this case it is better to do the oil change only.

I'm very sad now. It seems I have to pay money just to keep the warranty. I have never had new bike before and I have never taken them into shop. I can do every maintenance at home included valve checking, spark plug change or fork oil change. But now I can't touch it.

mrirvs

If it means keeping the warranty, which could save you a lot of money if something goes wrong, I would just let them service it. It's only oil and filter and a safety check. Then you can work on it as much as you like after that.

PeaceMaker

Paid 57€ (£46) for the first service.. next one, I do at home..

Btw, what kind of oil did they use on yours?

Mine was Yamalube 4S 10w-40..

It's semi synthetic, I think it's ok right? Since it meets the API SG - jaso Ma requirements.

I was kinda of hopping to use the 4fs (fully synthetic)..

P

Peter

Paid approx £45 for the first service. Oil and filter change and chain adjustment. And a quick check of the things.

The oil type is Yamalube 4FS 10w40 (full synth). I don't know much about the original type of the oil but I think the gearbox is a little bit smoother now.

PeaceMaker

Yes.. I've also noticed the bike with a smoother ride.. seems like it has lost some weight.. It would be interesting to know what kind of oil they use for the break in..

Will145

My dealer said it would be about £30 when it comes to it.(motorcycle world, Northampton) Aldo friend with a brand new xjr paid £30 last year for his 600 mile service at flit wick in Bedford

badger27

I'll find out next Wednesday and key you know . The bike seems to be improving the More miles I clock up. .

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

blueglue

i paid 38 quid and was done within the hour. got a checklist of what was done. mainly visual checks plus oil and filter. Rides a lot smoother now.

TJ63

Mine's in for service tomorrow, so I'll post on here how much it cost me.

Edit 09/05/14: £41.96 was the total.

Last edited:

Tricky

Hi , just picked my bike up from Millennium motorcycles, St Helens (Race Blu ). Whilst there I enquired about the cost of the first service and was told
it would be a whopping £150. I mentioned that I thought it was free apart from price of oil etc but they said no, Yamaha charge for first service because they keep the price of there bikes down?????
My bike wasn't Data tagged either and after I insisting it should be a free service from Yamaha and them making several phone calls, hey presto, it was discovered it was a free service. Beginning to wish I had chosen a different Yam dealer now. Anyone got any Yamaha links, stating the cost of the first service?
Thanks

Darren

Had my first service today, just paid for oil and filter. Also had datatag fitted......great job

Mushymi5

Hi , just picked my bike up from Millennium motorcycles, St Helens (Race Blu ). Whilst there I enquired about the cost of the first service and was told
it would be a whopping £150. I mentioned that I thought it was free apart from price of oil etc but they said no, Yamaha charge for first service because they keep the price of there bikes down?????
My bike wasn't Data tagged either and after I insisting it should be a free service from Yamaha and them making several phone calls, hey presto, it was discovered it was a free service. Beginning to wish I had chosen a different Yam dealer now. Anyone got any Yamaha links, stating the cost of the first service?
Thanks
Hhhhmmm, I got my bike from these guys and they have assured me it would have the datatag, but didn't and the first service should be parts only, as per the manual.

da1kini

Mine cost about €160 and took about 2 hours. I was with the mech all the time and he showed me lots of useful things. One thing is the adjustment of the cylinders. It gets overlooked by most mechanics cause it is a new bike. However you should demand it and they should to it cause mine hade big difference between the two. Now it runs much smoother.

sdrio

Mine was £130, but the dealers I bought from have turned out to be pretty rubbish.

Charged me £10 for lubricating the chain, which I had done myself the night before.