price of first service

P

Peter

Paid € 45 but had to ride 80 km. Average offer was around € 80-90.
(Full synth yamalube oil, filter and chain adjustment)

RotaryFZ07

I paid $218 USD

This included oil and filter with 10W40 Dino oil.

Chain tightened and lubed.

Throttle body synced.

P

Peter

No valve/cylinder play checking?
Not mentioned in manual.
BTW what you mean cylinder play? Valve clearance is OK, need to check every 40.000 km.

However the throttle body sync. should be checked. Asked my mechanic and he told me it is not necessary.

da1kini

Not mentioned in manual.
BTW what you mean cylinder play? Valve clearance is OK, need to check every 40.000 km.

However the throttle body sync. should be checked. Asked my mechanic and he told me it is not necessary.
They should check the play between the two cylinders(I think that is as you say "throttle body sync" In my manual its nr4 in maintenance and adjustment part.

But most mechanics ignore it cause "its a new bike"...My mechanic checked it and my bike had a bit difference between the two. After that my bike was way better and more smooth to ride. He also told me that most of his colleagues around the world seems to ignore that part cause maybe only 1 in 5-10 bikes have something to adjust.... BUT they should to it according to the manual...

Last edited:

RotaryFZ07

They should check the play between the two cylinders(I think that is as you say "throttle body sync" In my manual its nr4 in maintenance and adjustment part.

But most mechanics ignore it cause "its a new bike"...My mechanic checked it and my bike had a bit difference between the two. After that my bike was way better and more smooth to ride. He also told me that most of his colleagues around the world seems to ignore that part cause maybe only 1 in 5-10 bikes have something to adjust.... BUT they should to it according to the manual...
That's funny. My results said the exact same.

My throttle body needed to be synced, it was off by a little.

Now it runs really nice.

da1kini

That's funny. My results said the exact same.

My throttle body needed to be synced, it was off by a little.

Now it runs really nice.
Yes, mine was off by 3-4 points on 0-15 scale. Can not see how they get away by not checking it. Maybe even a claim for warranty issues if somethings happens later on?

geffd

Tricky. What price did he reduce it too? I'm expecting to pay no more than £40 ish. I spoke to Gary and he quoted £140 but did day if my book says free they will do it for parts. I got my RAC & service card today. Along with a questionare. Was honest on it, the shop looks good test drive no problem. After sales after two weeks crap!

cal66

I had my service today n cost me £40 but I can't complain about my dealer he has been brilliant guess I am 1 of the lucky ones

Mushymi5

Geffd, phoned Millenium on Friday just gone and spoke to a guy called Lee. I asked about when I could bring my bike back in for data tag etc and he told me it was already done. I told him it wasn't and he assured me it would have been done at the P.D.I. Once again I told him it wasn't and that I had no paperwork to say it was. He said leave it with me and I will get back to you. Ten mins later, gets phone call to say he`s sorry and that I`m right and also tells me that none of the Yam `s they have sold have been tagged when they should have been, not good!!
I asked about the price of the first service again and he confirmed it was £150. I told him what it said in my service book ( labour provided free) and he said " You must have been given an old service book as the new ones don`t say that any more. Told him I had spoken to Yamaha UK and he said not to worry about it at the moment, he would sort data tag out at first service and also come down on the price of the service as away of saying sorry for the data tag mix up.
Have to say not impressed with there after sales at the moment :(
got mine serviced today and the datatag fitted, by Robinsons of Rochdale, guys where spot on and the by the time I had got home, the datatag forms and registration details where on the my email. cost me £40 for parts.

Tricky

Tricky. What price did he reduce it too? I'm expecting to pay no more than £40 ish. I spoke to Gary and he quoted £140 but did day if my book says free they will do it for parts. I got my RAC & service card today. Along with a questionare. Was honest on it, the shop looks good test drive no problem. After sales after two weeks crap!
Hi Geff, not had bike service as yet, will be taking it in next wk I hope. Had phone call to say data tags have arrived so will get that fitted at same time of service. I'm gonna push for free labour on service and point out the service book paragraph relating to this. I will also inform them that I will relay my buying/aftersales experience via a comment on their Millennium Facebook page for all to see. Their choice how they treat me, good or bad, its up to them.
Yeah had my questionnaire etc. I too will be honest.
I had another email off Yamaha UK,
"We thank you for your further mail on the subject of any charges associated with the first service on your Yamaha MT-07 and would apologise for the delay in our response on this occasion.

Clearly there is a cost to the dealer in carrying out a first service and traditionally this has been built in up front, within the purchase price.

One of the issues is the trend for customers, seeking the best deal, potentially purchasing far from home, with little or no intention of returning for their first service and therefore allowing the dealer to factor this into their sales price. The possible knock on effect being that some dealers are excluding the labour for the first service, from all sales.

As previously stated, the exact terms of the sale of a machine, is the prerogative of the dealer and we are sorry if anything was not made clear during the sales process, when you purchased your MT-07.

Regards,

Customer Service
Service Department
After Sales Division

Impressed, not!!!!!

geffd

Thanks for that Tricky, do you live close by the dealership? I live on the wirral. I have worked in the car industry for years and can't believe their Arthur Daily approach to customer service, anyone who has just paid out for a new bike doesn't want to be hit with s big bill within a couple of weeks, hence the decision to buy new!

Tricky

Thanks for that Tricky, do you live close by the dealership? I live on the wirral. I have worked in the car industry for years and can't believe their Arthur Daily approach to customer service, anyone who has just paid out for a new bike doesn't want to be hit with s big bill within a couple of weeks, hence the decision to buy new!
I agree Geff, I have never had a new bike before and this wasn`t the experience I imagined :(
I live in Macclesfield, about 35 miles from dealership. When I picked the bike up, i kinda expected a full tank of fuel (bike only holds 2 gallons) I mean, I had just parted with nearly five and half grand cash and for that they put a gallon in the tank.

geffd

Used to have an aunt in Macclesfield, there once was a group from there the Mac Lads (showing my age now lol) I waited ages when I went to pick the bike up, was promised a bacon butty off Joe the salesman, never got it! My first new bike aswell, but treated better by the last two used bikes I bought from dealers, makes u think Do they make more from used bikes then new ones!

Tricky

Used to have an aunt in Macclesfield, there once was a group from there the Mac Lads (showing my age now lol) I waited ages when I went to pick the bike up, was promised a bacon butty off Joe the salesman, never got it! My first new bike aswell, but treated better by the last two used bikes I bought from dealers, makes u think Do they make more from used bikes then new ones!
Lol, yeah the Macc Lads, I rembr them, still available on Youtube. Yeah I was offered a breakfast but it didnt appear. Spent 2 hrs travelling up by train to pick bike up, coffee would have been nice.